New owner feedback / improvement / suggestions

Installed the cameras all outside, the range of the cameras is odd, the homebase is smack bang in the middle of the house. I have one camera very close (front door), another furthest away going through brick and partitian walls has good signal (slightly uphill), but the one out the back is a real problem, and is only going through one partition wall (slightly downhill).

CAMERA time recorded in the videos is incorrect, does not match base station time (that is correct). I read something about multiple restarts of the base station is needed?

Clips not long enough, even set to 60 second max, always around 11 second long; well before motion stops. Once a camera is triggered the AI should be assessing for movement, not just the PIR. I have videos of the person triggering the cameras PIR, then walking more to the edge and the camera stops recording before the movement stops.

The video coding never plays the start of the video correctly, it jumps to about 3 seconds into the clip. Takes multiple plays to get the start to play correctly.

When exporting videos, the start is horribly corrupted with green or grainy coding errors. Plays okay in Eufy app. I have to record the video using screen capture software.

Motion detection is nowhere near the advertised 8-10 metres. Only triggering around 3-4 m, very poor. This combined with the lag, I can walk down our front path and the video only gets me at the front door, not 8-10 meters. Other cameras have people walk half way across the field of view before they are recorded.

Geofencing is MIA. It was promised.

Motion Detection Test Mode red led is too dim to see outside, even the white ‘Motion detection status LED’ is hard to see in daylight.

The family/friend invite doesn’t work. The email comes that tells you to install the app, but there is no link in the email to accept the invitation. So even though they have downloaded the app, created an account with the invited email address, they have no access to the cameras…

Ability to make cameras record based on entry sensors, or other camera activation for a preset amount of time, I want the front door camera to record as soon as the carport camera comes on.

Night mode setting for Homebase or custom modes.

3 Likes

Hi @Jitsukablue thanks for sharing your feedback, I would recommend adding your key improvement / suggestions to the following thread where @AnkerSupport has been responding quite often

1 Like