New FCC - PowerCore 10K Wireless

With the current pandemic I’d like to see Anker make a portable UV phone sanitizer/wireless charger powerbank I think it would be a huge seller and be useful in curbing the spread of covid-19. Phones are among the most germ laden things we interact with on a daily basis.

I’d rather Anker ask us for features rather than work in isolation and release obviously flawed products? None of us have perfect prediction but there are things we can help with Anker don’t think of before it becomes product.

USBC in and out and being a bit bigger stand out obvious.

Then we get released product, give feedback privately so negative doesn’t go public, then final product.

I’m with you on that one but If Anker wants to send their beta products to a bunch people with no knowledge or experience that’s their prerogative…

I would have liked to see more anti-skid pads on the top that would have looked like a symbol for wireless and kept the phone more snugly in place.

Good idea but depends what is the surface. A silicon non-slippy entire top surface? I think the rings are there no so much for non-slip but to tell people “put it here”!

Others have higlighted when we were brainstorming, this make it harder to slip in pocket, so you can make it too non-slippy?

Would it not work better if they go with bands to make them around the edge and not in center, A central ridge simply naturally becomes a “hill” your phone fall off, when you could make it a shallow valley. So more concave? They made it convex.

Phones are curved to be slightly convex so a concave phone sized Powercore would gravitationally be more stable.

No I’m not advocating that the whole top surface be sticky I think their current hard shell with soft pads is ideal but the small circular pad in the center does create a surface that the phone balances/teeters on top of (however slight) and I would prefer that if I press down on the top or bottom of my phone while it is on the power bank that it does not move at all. There are two purpose obviously but I think Anker missed an opportunity there the extra pads would have been both functional and made the Powerbank more aesthetically pleasing and just plain cooler looking.

images

I have thought that making the top charging surface concave from the beginning would be a good idea but it would have to be very slight as you wouldn’t want to get more than 5 mm away from the QI pad