New cable travel pouch

I was wandering through the Anker site this morning as many typically do and saw that the new powerline+II cable is advertised with a travel pouch. I got really excited to see Anker brought back the travel pouch however they changed it from what it used to be.

The old one for those who don’t remember looked like this

I was wondering which ones people liked better of is you don’t like them at all

5 Likes

Those are two different cables, actually, both still exist.

As a matter of fact, I got one of each with my gift box last week! The clamp-shell one is great for mid-sized cables, and the leather pouch works better for longer ones - the one in the photo, for instance, is 6ft long. Plus, if you have any adapters you want to protect while carrying, the leather pouch would work, too.

1 Like

How hard is the hard shell on the clamp-shell one? Ore does it just look hard in the picture

I like the second one, looks more soft to me.

1 Like

I’ve got one of the softer ones (the second one) and It’s alright - sometimes I wonder if it’s longer than it needs to be, but then again it holds a 6ft able. I don’t see the clamshell holding a 6ft cable so well, though I do like the clamshells I have for earbuds and stuff. I always grab clamshell cases like that at conferences whether I wan what they contain or not :grin: I then re-use them to put anker cables in :imp:

1 Like

I do the same thing with headphones but I don’t put cables in them usually maybe I’ll give it a try

I have both style cases and never really used either if them. My cables get wrapped and out in a bag all together… But I find myself lately using the soft foladable case because it’s convenient when in the car to just unfold what I need and keep the rest of the cable organized

2 Likes

I really like the clamshell cases, especially as they have carabiners I can use to keep them outside my bag which is always just barely too full. I also feel like because they’re harder they may be more protective, but I always wonder if it uses up the life quicker constantly wrapping it up to put it in the case.

3 Likes

I got the clamp shell last time I ordered a Powerline+ II cable but I think the leather pouch looks better. Guys, what cables come with the leather pouch?? (The softer one)

2 Likes

The Powerline+ comes with the soft pouch

2 Likes

The new red one I got with the Christmas box :slight_smile:

Doesn’t it looks like a star actor comparing to all these simple extras. :joy:

2 Likes

It’s not hard hard, but it’s firm enough for providing good protection for earphones, for instance. In fact, it’s comparable to the case on the Soundcore Spirit X.

1 Like

I have both types of cases. But honestly, I rarely even use the cases that comes with them because my cable is either hanging off my usb charger or in a roll up cable organizer so I can see all my cables at once, when not in use. In this day, where we carry a lot of electronics with us…it’s more than likely that we are carrying more than 1 type of cable so I find it more convenient to have it stored together. Don’t get me wrong, I do love that Anker includes these cases. I just don’t use it for cables but something else.

3 Likes

Although cables may come in such packages, I don’t care.

I buy a cable to use it, not to keep all pretty somewhere.

1 Like

I have an uGreen cable organizer in my desk’s drawer for my many cables, and one or two on the go hold together with velcro strips. Those have already been replaced by the PowerLine, and I added some others to the same case - the hard one. I’m thinking about using the leather pouch for adapters.

1 Like

This is the one I use for some cables that I leave in my backpack when I’m out shooting with my dslr, GoPro, etc. I like to keep my cables organized and at the ready. :slight_smile: For at home usage, I just leave my cables plugged into my Anker Powerport Speed PD 5 so there’s no need to store them.

2 Likes

This is not your own for sure.

Your’s should be packed with Anker cables and earphones only. :grin:

:stuck_out_tongue: Nope, not an actual representation of my cables. It would be full of Anker cables of course. :wink:

1 Like

Claro, I was just kidding as usual! :joy:

1 Like

i have two of these type organizers. One OG grid-it, the other a knockoff. Multi purpose

3 Likes