Ive had my Cosmos for little over a week and I have observed the following.
Firstly the Pro’s
- Image quality is excellent
- The UI is easy to navigate and logical
- set up is very easy
- Support are helpful and prompt
but the cons
- In the UK and ITV player, BBC iPlayer and NetFlix apps don’t work on the projector. These are 3 pretty fundamental streaming channels and for them to be supported is pretty poor. The advice was to use a Firestick but thats the answer I could just buy any old projector and a firestick.
- While the image quality is good, the projector doesn’t perform well in a room that has light “pollution”. Once it gets dark its great but you have to block out all light.
- Bluetooth mode is useful but I find that it disconnects from my Mac 3-4 times per day. Ive raised a support ticket so this may be fixable but i though it worth mentioning.
All in all, the jury is out for me. Im very tempted to return the product right now as the experience doesn’t match my expectations which has left me disappointed.
The support team have been very helpful and have said they will raise the issues with development but im not confident these will be resolved in a meaningful timescale.