Nebula Capsule: The World’s Most Advanced Pocket Cinema

https://www.idg.tv/video/72995/ankers-nebula-laser-projection-tv-gives-you-a-100-inch-1080p-picture-from-just-11-inches-away

Very interesting, may be time to start saving up so if it does come out I can get one

1 Like

This would be ideal in my travelling work environment.
Would it be possible use a portable data storage or laptop to view and display presentations, video and still photographs through the Nebula?

1 Like

I really want it! :heart_eyes:

Oh, i want it!

ohh look very interesting

Yes, you can connect Capsule to a USB, a laptop or your smartphone to view and display photos, videos and presentations.

Why am i a poor man? T_T
I want try this item and make a review so: @AnkerOfficial gift it to me ahahahahah :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

I just completed a 11000 miles, 30 hours in an economy seat, 5 city, 1 month, set of business trips living out of a 16L backpack which can fit under any aircraft seat.

The minimalist existence really helps everything, such as faster security, no queuing.

Of course I had Anker with me, each trip varying from 26800 to 5000 Slim, Powerport4 or 5.

So get the fact every ounce and inch counts.

I’m intrigued by this small projector, I just looked and thought ooh it’s only $80! Then saw “off” then saw $269+shipping. Oh well.

2 Likes

Super early bird was 200

Wrong. This new capsule is not on that video. Or am I wrong? It is that January video, this capsule was not in that January two product announcement.

I like the innovation on this product. Obviously we need to see reviews.

I do take exception to the claims right at the start that we sacrifice viewing experience for portability.

Take for example the Nexus 7 2013, I bought it 2 years ago for $89 and its battery life got poor with age, so I did a DIY $10 ebay battery replacement, took me 30 mins with watching youtube guides repeatedly and following slowly. That tablet is 7" and 1920×1200 pixel resolution. If the place I’m in doesn’t have Wifi (or bad Wifi) I wifi tether it off my cellphone I usually park on the window to get best cellular service and have the 7" screen about arm’s length. About 7 hours battery life on video vs Capsule 2.5hr. At a typical “arm length” from my face of about 18" it is the equivalent of a 100" screen which is 21 feet from my face. Further, the light back to my eyes is brighter because brightness drops to the square of distance. It takes that 100" screen 21ft from my eyes 200 times the amount of light from the projector to become the same brightness in my eye, this is due to scatter off a surface which is to the square of distance (like if you are near a light bulb it is brighter than further away). The Nebula Capsule at only 100 lumens will need a dark room to be make a larger image.

No, projectors are not about personal entertainment, they are about group entertainment, so business meetings where you can control the projector’s known quality, audio/video sound+video, parties, etc. Later in the video they show parties, that is a more social situation to which I think it could be an excellent fun solution. So streaming a youtube music video playlist onto a small wall area.

I currently if I need to make a group audio, I use an Anker Nano for voice or an Anker Mini for music, both those are excellent sound and value for money.

Oh, and if you cannot hire a real person who can speak English for a voice over, that computer generated American English voice isn’t fooling anyone. But I guess its one more type of job being removed with technology.

2 Likes

He was asking about $3000 version.

Working sample being shown to ‘Joe Public’. Would be better if it focused more on what is being projected rather than fielding questions on just the audio but doesn’t seem too bad for a rather light area and a dark coloured wall :smile:

1 Like

I was amazed the Yank understood the Geordie.

1 Like

Looks to be a few pints into his day… :thumbsup:

Nebula Capsule First Working Sample Demo: https://youtu.be/galmw3Kqc24 :grin:

4 Likes

Good to see. Makes me think might be good for a couple of younger children to play local media when on holiday.

1 Like

Would it be possible to hook up headphones to the projector? I love the idea of a portable big screen, but I like playing a lot of games with headphones on so I don’t distract my family and friends with speakers.

You could always use Bluetooth headphones