Naming Contest | Nickname Your Anker Things

All great pics so far, great ones :heart_eyes:but i agree on points from Techman, @Ankerofficial should choose the winner than the likesā€¦

May be in future I will not participate in these kind of eventsā€¦

1 Like

I feel like they are trying to avoid the risk of people claiming they play favorite but I do agree making it based on likes makes it easier for some people to try to cheat the system

Anker used to have contests where they would choose best photographs based on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit, and likes by community users were also consideredā€¦

But of late, it is becoming more based on likesā€¦

1 Like

I wish it was a combination like the top whatever chosen by likes and then from those Anker picks that way itā€™s park community involvement and part Anker

1 Like

Another point against the ā€œlike systemā€ is that in general- the posts closer to the top get more likes (look through all of the contest threads).

2 Likes

Noooo, likes based :frowning:

I think thats partially because people read once and never come back, people donā€™t scroll all the way down, or there just isnā€™t as much time for the other posts to be viewed and liked. In which case the last one rewards those who are active but still and eh system

We are definitely going to do more contests covering these dimensions :wink::wink:

2 Likes

Weā€™ve had some conversations about this in the past, and it will be applied to future events for sure :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Thanks for the assuring words :pray: looks forward to these competitions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m no photographer but always love seeing the great pictures everyone else comes up with

Meanwhile the inbuilt cameras of mobiles got better more and more.
So there should be no problem to take a good photo for everybody.
I am old styled.
I use my CANON, which I own since many years.
Of course its more complicated :
Take a photo, store it on the laptop an make some corrections via GIMP:

I know there is a real great photographer here : @Dez_S.
I am sure he uses professional equipment.

1 Like

Thank you @Chiquinho I had an idea to nickname one of my Anker products but I forgot to put it together.

And yes, I do use pro equipment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I knew it. :wink:
I remember the fantastic photos you made of the ā€œdancing girlā€!
Awesome!

I would like to take some lessons from you! :grinning:

1 Like

Meet Astro ā€¦ giving everybody a Power-Wave

1 Like

Love it @pfrodsham :grin:

I think a good solution to this problem can be taken from the Soundcore community. A few of their contests have been ran in separate submission and voting phases.

1 Like

I frequently use the Nebula Mars II and the two SoundCore Flares I own together - I said as much in my review, they are basically made for each other.

Weā€™ll start calling the trio Moovy and the Loudy Sisters as of today.

Truth be told, the main user of the Flares today is my 2yo son, and he does have a nickname for them - like, for real. Whenever he wants to listen to some tunes, he mentions what he wants to hear accompanied by where he want it coming from. Real exemple: Beatlesā€™ music on boxys, please! (yes, thatā€™s an actual quote). I canā€™t be completely sure how he spell his boxys, but it sure sounds like that, with a noticeable vowel between the x and the s. And itā€™s always plural - heā€™ll complain if one of the boxys isnā€™t on.

Another real exemple: whenever I have lots of stuff connected to my USB-C Hub, my wife call it the squid or your squid. I must warn that, most of the time, itā€™s not in a cute nickname context. It mostly happens when I forget to unplug my stuff from our makeshift home office base in our bedroom - we are both working from home, taking turns with our son. So, what I hear is usually some variation of "Hey, come get your squid out of the table!

P.S.: Open to Canada, yay! :grin:

1 Like

I call my Astro E1 many thingsā€¦

The Saviour
The Ying To My iPhones Yang
My Pocket Rocket

But my favourite is what my daughter calls itā€™sā€¦

ā€œThat funny black thing that turns my iPad back onā€

The only one in my Anker haul / collection with a nickname would be the Roav Jump Starter Pro aka Sparkplug ā€¦for obvious reasons :grin:

3 Likes