My Review for Anker PowerWave Base Pad

The wall charger itself is great, as is all Anker products. I’m docking a star because as a package this doesn’t include a wall charger, nor does it work with the stock iPhone chargers, so I sense it might cause some frustration for buyers that might expect an out-of-the-box experience. However, if you’re like me and have a plethora of 5V/2A chargers laying around you’ll appreciate the value you’ll get with this one.

I do think the ideal use case would be sitting this on a side table or night stand, given it’s flat angle. Anker makes other wireless chargers that have an angle that might be more appropriate for a desk or kitchen area. The completely flat + non-stick ring is also really useful not only in lining up your phone, but preventing it from sliding off when it vibrates.

It’s not the smallest — as a size comparison it’s about the same size as a new standard iPhone…so not super portable if you plan on carrying it around with you (but flat enough to easily fit in your bag if you want to).

We tried this on 2 phones: iPhone X and iPhone 8. Both had cases and a magnetic backing on the lower 1/3 of each. It started charging both phones instantly without any fiddling.

3 Likes

Nice review!

Nice review. That case has seen better days. :grin:

2 Likes