My PowerWave Base Pad Review VS Belkin BoostUp

PRODUCT PROVIDED COMPLIMENTARY FROM ANKER

I am comparing this PowerWave Base Pad to a Belkin BoostUp wireless charger that retails for $39.00.

The PowerWave Base Pad currently retails for $21.99 and can be found at the Amazon link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Wireless-Charger-PowerWave-Qi-Certified/dp/B07WV1J8QL/ref=asc_df_B07WV1J8QL/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=385147126455&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7115223924355691060&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003537&hvtargid=pla-882325580527&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=78225421666&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=385147126455&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7115223924355691060&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003537&hvtargid=pla-882325580527

Let’s start with some pros and cons of the PowerWave Base Pad.

Pros:

1. Same size as my iPhone Xs so it fits into most phone pouches for travel.
  2. Ventilation on the underside to keep the device and charger cool.
  3. Sticky feet and circle on top of the charger to keep the device in place.
  4. Very easily found “sweet spot” for charging because of its size and helpful indentations on the side of the charger.
  5. It comes with a durable Anker micro USB cable for power.

Cons:

1. It doesn’t come with a power brick. This is most likely a decision made to keep the cost so low.
  2. Needs a quick charge brick to reach its full potential so hopefully, you have one of those laying around.
  3. Comes with a Micro USB cable instead of the more standard USB C or Lightning
  4. Not compatible with stock iPhone power bricks.

Suggestions:
This is the perfect wireless charger for a traveler. The form factor is something of a rare find in wireless chargers today and is a welcome change that adds a lot of convenience to the charger. If you already have a QuickCharge compatible wall brick, then this charger can’t be beaten for the price and performance. It holds up to premium chargers in charge time, outputting 7.5W for iPhones and 10W for Samsung phones. Overall the thing that keeps me coming back to this charger is the form factor, it just makes it so easy to find the charging “sweet spot” and is something you just have to use to really understand.

In conclusion:
The Anker PowerWave Base Pad is a wireless charger that will easily sneak its way into your everyday routine and is a welcome addition to my daily life, easily replacing my $40 Belkin charger.

2 Likes

Great review.
Thanks @Evan_Samer

Nice review!

Good comparison

Thanks for your honest review @Evan_Samer!

Just for reference. Since lightning is proprietary to Apple, it’s not common for brands like anker to implement the port into products like this, due to having to pay high royalty fees. In addition, it’s a very limited port compared to USB-C. I still agree that a type C port would have been a much better option :+1:

1 Like

Indeed @TechMan
I think a few fell foul previously when Apple ditched the 30pin in favour of Lightening.
It’s not good as a distributor or retailer to end up with stock of an item, that almost overnight, no one wants.
As you say USBC all the way.

Nice review :muscle:t2:

Cheers for sharing

Good review @Evan_Samer thanks for sharing!

Nice review my friend Thanks for sharing~ :yum: