My phone is not getting quick-charged anymore ( Samsung S8+ and Anker Powercore 20.000

Hello all.

Since a couple of weeks i am having trouble using my powerbank to charge my phone. If my phone is low on battery and i connect it with either USB port, the charging is slow as hell. My phone shows me it will take 5-8 hours for it to be fully charged. Using the phone while charging will only make the battery go more empty and the charging take longer.

In the beginning i did not have any issue with it.

I tried the following things :

Phone factory reset ( no effect )
Connected phone to same model powerbank (same problem)
Tried different cable ( no effect )
Phone can be charged via original cable and wall-plug.

Somebody else got an idea ? I am running out of ideas…

Generally when this happens it’s due to the cable having some sort of resistance and or the end where it plugs into your phone is bent. If possible try using a brand new cable, not one that has already been in use and see if that changes how it works.
If you are still having issues you can send support@anker.com a message and let them know your problem. Provide in that email, the serial number of the batterypack, your order number and any steps to remedy the problem to further help expedite the claim

1 Like

It is also possible that if it’s not the cable or the charger it might be the battery in the phone.

Another reason, is shit in the socket for the lead.

If different source, does a quick charge… Obvs it’s first source… If no change, it’s your handset.

Poundland (not sure in USA) in UK, do a can of air for £1, or a good (dry) pffft into said lead receiver.

1 Like

If you’ve tried different cables and battery banks, that isolates the problem to your phone. What phone is it?

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Would you mind contacting support@anker.com directly? It would be more efficient for our great customer service to help you out. :relaxed:

2 Likes

@AnkerOfficial to the rescue!

Dirty port on your phone :wave::microphone:

Four days ago, so have you resolved it yet?

Sorry for the very late reply. I noticed that i have multiple cables who do not make it quickcharge. got an official extra cable and now it works properly again. So it was due to the cable

2 Likes

Glad you got it sorted, and thanks for the update as it will help others who may have the same issue. Many people don’t think its the simple things sometimes even if they try different cables. But alas not all cables are created equal.