My anker powercore select 10000mah powerbank doesn't switch off after it fully charges the device.

I recently bought an anker powercore select 10000mah power bank and when i charge my devices, the powerbank doesn’t turn off itself even after the devices are fully charged. The device shows fully charged but the power bank doesn’t turn off until i unplug the cable from the devices. The Led lights don’t turn off itself, it turns off only after the cable is unplugged, is it normal or do i have the defective piece? i also have anker powercore 10400mah powerbank which is an older version in which the powerbank turns off itself after the devices are fully charged. can anyone please help me out? Is my new powercore select defective or is it normal for that model?

Depending on the devices being charged it won’t fully turn off. Some devices revert to trickle charge as it nears 100%, so say it may seem fully charged but really its at 99.996% and thats why it still trying to charge albeit at a much slower rate

1 Like

As @Tank says, this can be normal.

Each device and Powercore combination has a unique combination of the minimum draw the device takes and the minimum draw the Powercore requires to stay awake.

What this means is in some combinations the Powercore turns off when it should not, and so Anker came up with trickle charge mode, in other cases it means it never turns off.

In my ownership, none of my Powercore ever turn off, none of them do, with my OnePlus phone, so that means the OnePlus is always taking a small draw. In case of my Anker Slim buds, they take too little draw, the Powercore turns off before the buds charged and I must use the trickle charge mode and even then when the buds are fully charged the Powercore turns off.

I don’t see a fault here necessarily, it appears normal.

In my case, my phone shows fully charged and the charging sign also goes away which means the charging has stopped right? but the powerbank doesn’t turn off even if i wait for almost an hour after my phone has shown charge is completed. the powerbank only turns off if i unplug the cable. is that normal? will my power bank battery be drained if i forget to unplug the cable as the power bank doesn’t turn off until i unplug the cable. i mean it should turn off itself at some point right so that i don’t have to keep on checking whether my devicves are fully charged because i will be leaving them connected with powerbank for many hours without checking.

In my case, my phone shows fully charged and the charging sign also goes away which means the charging has stopped right? but the powerbank doesn’t turn off even if i wait for almost an hour after my phone has shown charge is completed. the powerbank only turns off if i unplug the cable. is that normal? will my power bank battery be drained if i forget to unplug the cable as the power bank doesn’t turn off until i unplug the cable. i mean it should turn off itself at some point right so that i don’t have to keep on checking whether my devicves are fully charged because i will be leaving them connected with powerbank for many hours without checking.

Are you using a Lightning cable?
If so, i “think” the Lightning cable has a chip in it which i believe takes power even if its not connected to a device.
@Tank @professor please correct me if I’m barking up the wrong tree!

If it did what you asked then someone else would complain saying they came back to a phone not charged as the Powerbank turned itself off when phone charged and then phone started losing charge.

Make sense?

1 Like