Move Into a New Space

Take the first step that transports you into a new universe with your theater. Embrace the movement and watch content wherever you want. Feel the thrill of this new adventure, and see the new era of home theater entertainment on Jan. 11th.

Discover More

14 Likes

Pretty cool :+1:

1 Like

Should be exciting canā€™t wait to see

1 Like

Enjoying this handle so far!

1 Like

Letā€™s see what kind of projector will be presented.

2 Likes

Why donā€™t you treat your community to extra discounts? @AnkerOfficial

I personally have had 2 nebula projectors and happy to try my 3rd if I was incentivised :slightly_smiling_face:

Good idea, maybe on release day they give out some coupons

1 Like

discount % at three four five times the member level? :thinking:

2 Likes

This would be an idea.
(Those > 17 get it for free! ) :rofl:

1 Like

This new product is Kickstarter so the risk to the buyer is higher, so Iā€™d not buy one but Iā€™d take a free one.

The ā€œreviewsā€ which are not more than unboxing donā€™t really find all the issues, they take at least a month of being in the hands of the general public.

Iā€™d do a honest review if sent one.

1 Like

So, whatā€™s everyoneā€™s guess-timate of ballpark launch RRP on this? Am I too hopeful wanting it to be sub-Ā£1k?

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking about the Ā£2k mark as the Cosmo max is Ā£1300 and we are probably looking at a short throw projector

1 Like

Agree. The hype is always associated with a high launch price.

I am more interested in the technology. How have they solved the inherent issue that a projector focuses heat and needs cooling which causes noise. A flat panel type alternative decentralises the heat.

Imagine how much Ā£2K spent on a flat planel alternative would get you. Then compare their resolution and NITs / Lumens at a given distance. Then think about the ergonomic difference of portability.

Me too I am more than honest,:rofl: I am critical, so I will net (n)one!

A lot of short throw projectors are laser based and thus they make use of Peltier coolers. So there is generally no need for large bulky housings as the peltier cooler is smaller and only requires a heat sink to draw away the heat from the backside of the peltier block

1 Like

I really need to get a small portable projector so have movie night outside with the kids during the summer.

I wonder how big the price will be on this new projector and how long it will hold. Some of the new projectors have such steep starting prices only to drop when people wont spend the money.

Iā€™ve naively assumed ā€˜portableā€™ means an onboard battery to support off-grid usage but neither the SeeNebula website or the press-release based news sites mention any sort of battery capacity/life amongst the other parameters.
If thatā€™s true (and it makes sense now I think about it) Iā€™ll be sticking with my Capsule and Mars units for a while yet!

1 Like