Massive Iphone battery drain with Eufy app/doorbell

Just got my Eufy doorbell. Love: no fees, works as good as Ring doorbell for most part.
However…

BIG PROBLEM: In all the research i did, I did not come across this problem prior to purchasing… my iPhone battery is draining ridiculously fast since I installed the Eufy security app.

I see that this has been mentioned in 2018 in the forum and Eufy responded that they would pass the issue to their engineers…So i’m not holding my breath if they haven’t fixed it yet…
The Ring app notified me of all doorbell button pushes and motion detections with the app closed and had almost no effect on battery life…

I also see another user noting the same problem as recent as this month. I’m hoping this is a recent reoccurrence of the problem and it will be fixed with a new update. please please please…i do not want to return this as i’m excited about the product otherwise. Waiting for the flood light in Canada to add as well…

Any answers Eufy? Using an iPhone8 with Eufy security app and latest updates. Have tried various settings with no difference and keeping the app forced closed. Eufy is my top drainer in battery stats. I’m losing 10% battery in 2 hours. Battery normally loses less than 20% all day (about 12-14 hours…).

Hopeful…

Does iPhone do, what Android has been able to do for years, of going into settings, apps, and force battery optimization to apply to a specific app?

Usually on Android you do the opposite, the app is forced stop too often and you disable battery optimization.

I searched and I only see more basic iPhone features of whole-phone optimization.

Sounds like the app needs some serious optimization for iPhone

Hi @JC119

Please PM us your eufy account name, or email our eufy customer service team directly at support@eufylife.com, so we can assist you further.

Thank you