Mars not capable with traditional Tripods?

I have a bunch of camera equipment already and was hoping the several tripods I already own would work with my Mars Lite projector. I’m looking for solutions other than the expensive $79 Anker Mars Tripod 3.
What I’ve noticed is that the bottom of the Mars unit where the mounting clip goes isn’t flat. So while a traditional tripod mounting clip will install onto the device, it wobbles uncontrollably on the tripod because again, the Mars accessory port isn’t flat.

Are there any cheaper alternatives that Mars owners use? Just need a capable mounting clip

I have the mars II and I have no issue using my tripod, the casing is the same between the mars II and the light. On most tripods you can back out the tightening screw and this allows you to install it flat on that tripod plate. Doing it this way allows for it a more secure fit as the screw mounting hole isn’t as deep as most devices either, so backing it out and then tightening it to the plate works best

With one of my tripods I have also used a large washer between the projector and screw mount for the tripod. This allows me to have a more secure flat surface for the projector to mount to the tripod.

3 Likes

thx for helping Tank… as soon as i read where you said use a large washer I thought to myself “of course!” … genius! lol…

Photo update as I hope this helps the next person.

“SOLVED”

1 Like

Sorry just saw your post, glad the washer trick worked for you

1 Like