Lockdown Care Package | Ready for an Unboxing?

A broken arm is much better than a broken neck! :rofl:
I am sure you will survive, a “tough old boy” you are!

I remember a friend of mine broke both arms.
His wife had to help him everywhere, even at the loo.

You gotta love the starting charge on the PowerHouse 200

1 Like

Solid bunch of gear!

Speaking of how #Anker does random giveaways and some not so random, this one, as well as almost always having and advertising a sale on something…Did anyone else read the article that was posted about Eufy/Anker etc.? Long story short some small-minded person wrote an article about how “knock-off” companies like Anker make terrible products, have terrible customer service blah blah blah. I just want to say again Thanks Anker customer support for always dealing with our sh#% and Anker in general for being a cool ass company. Cheers.

2 Likes

There are too many “small minded persons” on this world.
Of course those articles are published, as many other fake news.
Whenever there was a need to contact, support, service or marketing I met
only really great people there and it was always a pleasure to talk and write.
We and many other customers know this.
We have a saying in German.
“Was kümmert es den Mond, wenn ihn der Hund anbellt” :rofl:

1 Like

@SlyBandit247 @Chiquinho Thank you for saying that.
We are trying our best to offer a good customer service to our customers, and we understand that we can’t satisfy every single one :relaxed:
But as long as we are still trying, we believe more and more customers will know and understand like you and many others do.

4 Likes

Can you guys give other companies classes on how to “Customer Service”? Lol

1 Like

You cannot just teach customer service.

It requires at least two other things:

• making reliable products. We suffer Anker’s slow innovation as the corollary.
  • charge more for product. Anker is a little higher cost.

These are required to cause the fewest CS calls, and to fund CS.

I think Anker has it mostly correct, just innovation a bit too slow.

We consumers pay three things:

• time to find the product, order it
  • money to buy, time to use
  • time to fix and warranty claim.

At the average Anker product cost of $20-$40, the last one can become expensive if the middle one is too low.

1 Like

Yea, apparently sarcasm doesn’t come across well via text. Hence the “lol” at the end.

1 Like

@professor makes some great points, but I still think Anker has plenty of room for improvement in quality control (white noise, incompatibility with certain chargers, etc.).

That’s true, but I still have yet to encounter another company that is anywhere near as accomadating as Anker as far as returns/exchanges/etc. Just the fact that I can tell I am actually communicating with a real person via email and not some automated system makes me feel like they care. That’s important.

1 Like

Anker started off in my awareness as just another cheap cable company. There are hundreds on Amazon, with names that don’t sound like much and warranties that don’t mean anything. But it is one of the few that honored their warranties, that has continued to develop and provide solid products, and has stayed affordable.

So yes, customers can see that history, and you have built a solid reputation by doing well for your customers over time. Carry on!

2 Likes

That is a math formula ultimately.

Yes you are interacting with a real person, and in all my Anker CS interactions, have been good ones, an intelligent civil reasonable person.

But that costs money. That English-fluent, probably high-school to diploma, often graduate, is a real person with a salary, funded by a company with the cashflow made from selling for $30 what cost $15 to make.

So we pay for it.

Anker’s biggest weakness currently is a 6 month lag on product releases behind competitors. It cannot rest on good CS as much as it is.

@Insider the weakness is one of product management, never tell OEMs to stop supply so long as it sells. So both never looking far forward and not far behind. It’s like this:

1 Like

I can think of one other company that does it as well. Wyze is very good at customer service / support as well.

1 Like

Ok, I never said that Anker is perfect and that with that perfection they should teach CS to others. I was simply making a, what was supposed to be, a light-hearted joke, but that #$% went sideways quick. I had several very bad CS experiences with my bank that day and I was thinking at the time “I wish this was Anker, it would have been solved by now”, so I posted that comment. I’m not in a position to say what Anker is or is not, but they have great CS. END.

Well understand their different motives. Most of the bank’s profits come from bad customers, so they almost want to attract them. Overdraft fees if you go negative, low payment of high positive balances. The longer you are unresolved, the higher the bank’s profit.

1 Like

When I first skimmed over the convos I was confused I thought you guys meant CS as in Computer Science but then I looked over it again and realized it was customer service lmao :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Too many misleading abbreviations.
Not very helpful to understand.
The members should take a little more time to avoid!
The more of those, the more confusions!

2 Likes

Woah woah woah. I wouldn’t use the term “bad customers”. There are some who just spend money and don’t keep track of how much is where, I get to that. Then there is a large group who do watch what comes in and out, but don’t have the money to hire a lawyer to read over the insane contract you have the fill out for any bank, so they do something that to them, and most people, is totally normal and the bank punishes them for it. Then there are people like me, and other I’m sure, who have been through that to some extent, learned from it, have avoided making any “mistakes” since, but still suffer from the whim of the bank. Lastly, rich a holes. Example, I deposit a check via the app. One time it takes 1 day to process, another 3, another 3 weeks! Meanwhile I am stuck not being able to spend money that I have because it has not officially gone into my account yet. Every e-commerce website put up a Covid-19 banner so they can have a reason to be behind, but I can’t even get my bank on the phone. I understand the pandemic is effecting everything, I work in a grocery store on the weekends, but it’s not effecting data transfer speeds. Ask Comcast, they lifted their BS bandwidth cap and reported that their network is able to handle the extra load, and more. So why the cap?

1 Like