Liberty Neo - left earphone won't work

I just got some Soundcore Liberty Neo Earphones and they were working great but now the left one won’t work. I’ve tried resetting but nothing works.

Any ideas??

1 Like

Have you charged the case and earbuds up fully? If it’s not charging, make sure you removed the plastic covering the charging port on the earbuds

1 Like

I had done but I’ve actually just put them back on charge. Usually how long does a full charge take?

Depends on charging plug used, but generally an hour and a half to two hours.
Make sure both earbuds light up when placed inside the case and its charging

Cool, will give it a go :+1:

Unfortunately the left one still isn’t working

These worked fine this morning, but now I have the same issue. The reset instructions don’t work. when I double click the left earbud it does not go into slow flashing. Tried multiple times, left them in the case for a while, and tried again. always the same issue. They appear to pair, but only the right one works. Also, I see the left earbud separately when I try to pair them.

This was emailed to me by Anker Support & worked for me when I had the same issue. The instructions may be different than what was included with your unit.

Normally the left earbud connects to the right earbud automatically when you take both of them out of the charging case. Please take the earbuds out of the charging case, then hold the button on the right earbud only for 5s to see if the left earbud has a red indicator to be turned off. If there is no light, it means the left earbud did not pair with the right earbud. You can try to recover their pairing relationship in the following way:

• Delete the “Soundcore Liberty Neo” in the Bluetooth list of the device you’re connecting to.
  • Take the earbuds out, hold the button on each earbud for 5s until the red light shows to turn them off.
  • Hold the button on each earbud again for 8s until the indicator becomes pink and then turns off. Put the earbuds back in to the charging case with a steady white light on the earbuds.
  • Take both earbuds out of the charging case and place them near each other. The indicator on the left earbud will flash slowly (breathing-like), while the LED on the right side flashes quickly.
  • Go to the Bluetooth pairing list on your device and select “Soundcore Liberty Neo” to pair.
5 Likes

Finally! I couldn’t get them to pair with each other following the reset instructions posted on Anker’s support but this instructions worked. Thanks for posting this.

More than happy to help…glad it worked out for you!

@ SZak2015 Finally THE only Solution that worked for me! Thanks for passing along the support mail!
Kudos to you big time! :smiley:

@SZak2015 @schwarck Unfortunately, this reset process does not work for me… When I hold the buttons on for the second time, neither of the indicators becomes pink and both keep flashing quickly. The only way to see the pink lights, I need to release and hold the buttons again for 5 sec. However, at this point, I must be just turning the earbuds off. Any ideas?

3 Likes

Thank you! Really needs to be posted higher!

1 Like

@SZak2015 @schwarck I have not been able to resolve the same issue. I’ve followed the directions in the manual, as well as in this thread, to no avail.

When i take my earbuds out, without them being connected to my phone, The right earbud flashes slowly, and the left ear flashes quickly… Which is the exact opposite of what the manual says they should do…

2 Likes

Same problem for me - the step to “hold for 8 seconds to get the red light” doesn’t work. I’ve seen that the manual has different models and mine are the A3911L and the manual has exactly as described above -
1.Open the Bluetooth list on your mobile device and delete “Soundcore Liberty Neo”.
2.Take the earbuds out of the charging case, press and hold the multi-function button on both earbuds for 5 seconds until the LED indicator flashes pink, release the button when the LED indicator turns off.
3.Press and hold the multi-function button again on both earbuds for 8 seconds until the LED indicator flashes pink, then release the button when the LED indicator turns off
So effectively the two don’t pair with each other and at best I can connect bluetooth to either one separately but never both. Used to work fine out of the box

Is this just a community forum or do Anker respond?

2 Likes

No, i dont believe that anker employees look at this, but i could be wrong.

I got my issue taken care of through emailing their support line. They gave me these following instructions.

• Delete “Soundcore Liberty Neo” from your device’s Bluetooth list.
  • Take the earbuds out of the charging case and hold the button on each earbud for 5 seconds until you see a red light. This indicates they’ve turned off.
  • Put the earbuds back into the charging case (when it has at least two white LED indicators on the case), and then hold the button on each earbud until you see a flashing red light.
  • When the LED indicator on the earbuds turns white, take both earbuds out of the charging case and place them near each other. The LED indicator on the left earbud will flash slowly, while the LED indicator on the right side flashes quickly.
  • Go to the Bluetooth pairing list on your device and select “Soundcore Liberty Neo” to pair.
4 Likes

Yes, that’s the same as what I pasted from the online manual at https://fccid.io/2AOKB-A3911L/User-Manual/User-Manual-4277908
The trouble is that second long press to get the red light doesn’t work on mine. However long you hold them after taking out of the case they only ever flash white. So first time to power off works. Back in the case and try and again for 8 seconds NEVER goes to red. :frowning:

1 Like

So, The instructions you and i posted are different.

Mine say to shut the headphones off while outside the case. Then put them back into the case, and wait for the white led to turn on. Then, with the headphones still in the case, push the button on each until you get the red flashing light. At that point, take them out of the case and set them next to each other.

If the leds are flashing correctly, left slowly blinking and right blinking quicker, then turn bluetooth on your device on, and search for the Liberty Neo, and select pair

4 Likes

This one worked for me. Thanks.

I love you man!