Liberty Air 2 left side with no sound

Hello!

Got this pair of earbuds one month ago, had the firmware update earlier this week, and today I was listening to music and everything was fine. Put back the buds on the case, and later to answer a call, I put them on my ears. During the call I noticed that only the right side was working, could not even hear the touch tones from the left side. I put them back in the case, and now, few hours later, I’ve tried every single method I found trying to make it work.

I’ve reset the earbuds over 5 times (and counting), tried to connected each of them separated, restarted my phone, checked the accessibility sound controls, but nothing happens. The left side connects, I can use its controls, but there is no sound. I don’t know what to do anymore. Wasted over 3 hours trying to figure it out, but nothing seemed to work.

Tried to pair with another phone. Same problem. I can’t even hear the beeps for connecting or the “battery high” sound (this one is not being played in any of the sides anymore), it’s like, the bud is there, it connects, it controls, but everything is completely silent.

I thought about trying to run it dry, but it would take forever, and have already wasted my life trying to solve this problem with a product with one month of usage.

Is there any solution for that?

1 Like

1st things first, I would make sure battery is high. See if recharging earbuds helps

Second, since your right earbud was connecting well already and now it’s not connecting either, I would just contact Soundcore at service@soundcore.com.

Please try and clean the earbuds with hydrogen peroxide and use a qtip. What happens is that as we wear the earbuds and our body heats up it liquifies the earwax and it seeps past the mesh screen where it has no way of heating back up and it builds up until it blocks the sound from coming through.

1 Like

Same problem but with R earbud… Any REAL solution?

According to the app and to the android Bluetooth settings, battery is high. Explaining it better, it’s behaving like it “should”, except for the fact that the left side is completely silent. Controls work, it connects (if I reset and re-pair, the 2-L shows there to pair), but there is no sound playing on that side…

Thx for the address, I sent an email.

It is so frustrating… I bought these on August 12, it’s so new to be that problematic…

Thanks for your suggestion, mate. But it doesn’t seem to be the case.

I keep my ears and my earphones always clean. And it’s not something that gradually happened, like the wax thing usually is, it just stopped for some reason. I don’t know if it’s faulty software or hardware, but it’s not something related to bad usage of anything like that.

not gonna argue with you, but regardless how well you keep your earbuds clean earwax still can and will seep past the screen and block the sound. We have seen it far too often here in the forums everytime someone ask why they lose sound in one earbud and not the other. they can argue its not earwax but 90% of the time thats what it turns out to be.

regardless of that, please reach out to support and provide them with the serial number and your order number to help expedite the process

I cleaned it again, just in case, after reading your first reply. Still, got nothing.

I sent an email. Hope I can find a faster solution than warranty claim.

1 Like

The warranty claim process is not long at all with Soundcore. Considering it’s the weekend, just wait until Monday for their response. They’ll ask some basic questions for clarification and ask you to send order details to verify your purchase and what not. Then you should be able to exchange them for new ones (something they’ll just do because you did quite a bit to try to resolve the issue).

Let us know what reply you get

So, since nothing worked, I sent an email do the support last Saturday. On Monday they replied me asking for my address and details of my order, saying that since I’ve already done all the possible procedures, they would send a new pair.

It was quite fast, on Tuesday they sent a new pair, and it arrived on Thursday. I wasn’t expecting the customer support and the warranty claim to be so fast and effective. Had a completely different experience with a old pair of earphones I had from JBL.

So, I’m using the new one, no problems so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear that. Hopefully the new ones last much longer!