Liberty Air 2: Can't connect as a pair

I can connect them independently but not as a pair. Tried to reset but failed (i.e. put in the case, leave the lid opened, press reset button for 10 sec). I was never able to get both the earbuds LED to flash red light (only the right one flashes red while the left bud’s LED didn’t light up at all).

Please help!

We are sorry to hear your headphones are not working properly. According to the information you described, the issue you are experiencing is very unusual. Please try the following steps to see if it helps at all.

• Forget the pairing record on your device and turn off the Bluetooth on your device
  • Place the earbuds into the charging case and make sure they are being charged. When you put the left earbuds into the charging case, the left LED light on charging case will flash 2 times which means the earbuds is charging, please also note the right side will also do the same time, when you put it into charging case, the right LED light on charging case will also flash.
  • Keep the charging case open, then press and hold the button on the bottom of the charging case for 10 seconds until the LED indicators on both earbuds flash red 3 times. All the memory data will be cleared.
  • After these, close the case and re-open the charging case or take both sides out of the charging case, the white light on one side will flash quickly, which means it enters pairing mode
  • Enable the Bluetooth on your phone. You can find the device name “Soundcore Liberty Air 2” or “Soundcore Liberty Air2-L” on the Bluetooth list.
  • Please click “Soundcore Liberty Air 2” or “Soundcore Liberty Air 2-L” for pairing, the white light will flash slowly, which means it paired successfully.
  • Then there will pop out a screen with “Bluetooth Pairing Request”, just click “Pair” (This step is very important)

Please note, due to the chips platform’s compatibility, in the Bluetooth pairing list the Soundcore Liberty Air 2 is displayed as “connected”, and the Soundcore Liberty Air 2-L is displayed as “not connected”. In fact, the earbuds are normally TWS paired to work.

2 Likes

Hello,
you said that “in the Bluetooth pairing list the Soundcore Liberty Air 2 is displayed as “connected”, and the Soundcore Liberty Air 2-L is displayed as “not connected”. In fact, the earbuds are normally TWS paired to work.” But when I was using only one earbud on the left side without putting my right earbud in the case, the left earbud’s microphone didn’t work. Only when I put my right ear in the case completely, will the left earbud’s microphone start working. Is everything still working properly?

These buds operate master/slave depending which bud is taken out of case first, if you take the left/right bud out then the right/left bud out and phone connects to the left/right bud as microphone, the left/right bud’s microphone is working for calls and would only require the left/right bud putting into case, or turning off, to move the microphone to right/left bud.

You’d lose call connectivity if the master is put into the case or turned off as it would then drop the BT connection, you’d have to manually connect to the other bud.

1 Like

I had a similar experience. I bought liberty Air 2 and it was a very frustrating experience as I couldn’t pair the device seamlessly no matter which device I tried to pair with.

I bought the AirPods the same week due to disappointment.

I tried all recommended steps and even resetting the headsets.

The right bud always disconnects intermittently when you touch and reposition fitting it will work for a second and stop, sometimes it will not even work.

When jogging or workout it is worse as the right bud will stop and play as you move.

The audio quality is great for a price range but the paring issues make it a bad product, unfortunately.

I would not recommend this specific product if you are budget savvy but looking for reliable decent-quality headsets try other options like the Boltune brand.

The sound core app doesn’t help much either.

these are a terrible, terrible product

2 Likes

Thank you, this worked for me. I found the “not connected” message with the left earbud to be very confusing. After forgetting, resetting and repairing, I had connected with the right and not connected with the left, but I verified that each bud works as a singleton and they both work as a pair with the iPad.

I have the same issue. I followed the steps to reset my brand new Liberty Air 2 Pro I don’t get a flashing red or none of the other colors. Very frustrating I’ve been a long-time Anker customer for more than 8 years and this is the first time for this.

The above did not work for me. Just purchased it and I am disappointed!

1 Like

I have the same issue, so frustrating and everything you suggest here has not worked. I have tried multiple times and no matter what the ear buds will not connect as a pair. Even on the hard 10 second reset only one flashes red and the other stays white.

It’s my second pair that has not worked, the first set had an issue with one ear bud not charging.

Super annoying and i will certainly not be purchasing an Anker product again after these experiences.

I’m having the same issue. When I follow the steps above, I am able to follow along until I need to click “pair” in the last step. Once I do this, I immediately get a message telling me to make sure the Soundcore Liberty Air 2-L is on and within range, even though it is fully charged and I have it right next to the phone. I’ve had these for a year and they’ve worked fine, but this is disappointing that the pairing problems are so hard to fix.

Seems some people have found they were rushing a step and not waiting long enough. So a modified approach which seems to be helping some.

• check the case charging port for debris.
  • Place the earbuds into the charging case and make sure they are being charged. If one isn’t then clean pins with isopropyl alcohol.
  • Leave for hours charging.
  • When you put the left earbuds into the charging case, the left LED light on charging case will flash 2 times which means the earbuds is charging, please also note the right side will also do the same time, when you put it into charging case, the right LED light on charging case will also flash.
  • Keep the charging case open, then press and hold the button on the bottom of the charging case for 10 seconds until the LED indicators on both earbuds flash red 3 times. All the memory data will be cleared.
  • Wait 1 minute and be sure all the lights have turned off.
  • After these, close the case and re-open the charging case or take both sides out of the charging case, the white light on one side will flash quickly, which means it enters pairing mode
  • Enable the Bluetooth on your phone. You can find the device name “Soundcore Liberty Air 2” or “Soundcore Liberty Air2-L” on the Bluetooth list.
  • Please click “Soundcore Liberty Air 2” or “Soundcore Liberty Air 2-L” for pairing, the white light will flash slowly, which means it paired successfully.
  • Then there will pop out a screen with “Bluetooth Pairing Request”, just click “Pair” (This step is very important)

If after this, doesn’t work, then re-read the steps and do them again slowly in case you rushed / missed a step. If then still not working then open a ticket with service@soundcore.com with serial numner, proof of purchase, your fault and what you’ve tried already to fix.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for providing this clarification. I was able to get them to pair by following these instructions.

1 Like

Good to know. What’s your best guess for which part done different did the trick?

I would say probably waiting 1 min while holding the reset button and ensuring that all lights stopped flashing. I think when I was doing it before, I would get to the point where the red light came on and pretty much immediately shut the case and try again. Holding the button for longer and waiting for the lights to go off seemed to be what helped. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

OK someone noticed that trick on one model and so we insert it in all reset guides even though we don’t know when it’s useful. But good to know the LA2P likes this inserted step.

It worked! Thank you. The 10 second reset and waiting for simultaneous 3 red flashes was key. Thank you for appearing on a Google search for anyone searching “how to pair soundcore earbuds”

It worked after following that instruction in 2 times. Thanks for your support!

I also tried doing the same as it says above, and it didn’t work for me too