It's here! The Anker PowerConf / Bluetooth & USB Speakerphone

See Link for Picture and additional details!

(please double click the image to see full size, this is stored on the cloud)

The weight

• Approximately 1 lbs 8 oz

Initial Impressions

• Solid Packaging
  • Box lid is slightly magnetic
  • Very premium travel case, with the Silver shinny Anker logo

Construction

• The device has a good weight to it and feels like it was made with high quality materials

Ease of initial set-up

• Pairing to my computer was a breeze! it was easy and had no issues whatsoever!
  • Pressed the bluetooth button on the device and the Anker PowerConf became discoverable!

Ease of use

• As I mentioned, the front of the device has 5 capacitive buttons, its very easy to turn the volume down or up, and the blue indicator lights shows exactly what volume level youā€™re on.
  • Simply tapping the mute button mutes the device, and all 8 LEDs turn red as shown in the image above.

Use case 1

• I connected this to my phone and used it as a speaker, surprisingly it sounded great!
  • If i wanted to pause the video/song, i simply tapped the play button on the power conf device
  • Skip song/next video by double tapping the play button on the device.

Use case 2

• I connected the power conf device to my phone and used it to call my mom when doing house chores.
  • Surprisingly she said she could hear me well, and I was able to hear her loud and clear

Use case 3

• I used this for about 6 hours in total via Skype conference call, I usually drive the meetings and the clarity of my voice and its ability to limit background noises such as kids in the playground and the cats jumping around like monkeys is very important
  • My co workers told me that my voice sounded much better than usual and they couldnā€™t hear much background noise.

TESTING Part 1

• I connected the power conf device to my computer via bluetooth, and started a skype call,
  • I dialed my cellphone and accepted the call (total 2 participants)
  • I then placed the power conf device in the bathroom about 3 feet away where my wife was doing her hair, and running the sink water, and talking to me through the power conf device, while i used my cellphone.
  • I could hear her clearly without issues, and she said she could hear me clearly too even with running water!
  • I then re positioned the power conf device to about 6 ft away from her, outside of the bathroom, with the door open and I was still able to hear her clearly! I am beyond amazed by the performance of this little device!

Testing Part 2

• With the same configuration in Testing Part 1, I placed my other phone (Google Pixel 4), right next to my cellphone, and pressed the google assistant button to start ā€˜listeningā€™
  • As you can see, google was able to understand what my wife was saying on the other end via the power conf device after I threw her a long script. lol :smiley:

Summary
After using this for the entire day, I fell in love with this device. I got great feedback from my wife and usage during my meetings at work. This is definitely something I will turn on every single morning!
Itā€™s time to unplug my Jabra Pro, and wired headset, Anker Power Conf will be part of my life!

As promised, a link to the unboxing video is below, this is my very first video,

update
2nd day of work with PowerConf and I completely fell in love, I have the power Conf plugged into my laptop docking USB port, so I donā€™t even have to manually turn it on, I simply turn on my power strip, where everything is connected to,

I ask everyone on the call if my voice is fine and they all say itā€™s bright and clear, with 0 complaints. I unplugged my headset, the Jabra Pro, and Iā€™m completely headset free now.

My only complaint is that muting Skype does not mute the powerconf and muting the power conf does not mute Skype, so I just have to be consistent on where I decide to press the mute button otherwise, Iā€™ll just end up saying something NSFW un-muted :smiley:

When I play YouTube videos, the sound is clear and crisp!

My life has changed! This solid performing little device is the perfect addition to my office setup!

2 Likes

Great review!! :+1: Thanks for sharing @Momo_Bobo

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback @Shenoy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Good review you wrote.
Seems you are one who will really use it.

1 Like

Iā€™m in meetings almost every other hour, that might be true :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So you are a ā€œreal seriousā€ tester.
Not often to be found. :grinning:
I did not take part because I havenā€™t seen any chance to test it under real conditions!

1 Like

were you ever able to find a solution to:

My only complaint is that muting Skype does not mute the powerconf and muting the power conf does not mute Skype, so I just have to be consistent on where I decide to press the mute button otherwise, Iā€™ll just end up saying something NSFW un-muted :smiley:

No - this is still not solved.

Anker PowerConf buttons do not sync with Third party apps at this time, however per Anker Support this is on road ap, no ETA yet.

I actually like the fact that it doesnā€™t mute my skype so that I can mute myself without people seeing that Iā€™m muted :smiley: