Is Anker working on dual BT speakers for BT5.0 like JBL? & Who wants it now?

The option to connect two Bluetooth speakers to one Bluetooth 5.0 phone or tablet opens up a lot of possibilities for listening and for Anker sell more product. Alternatively if the speakers could pair and sync together it would open up use to older Bluetooth devices pre BT 5.0 and not just the latest Flagship devices. If this is something you’re interested in like I am please be vocal in this thread.

8 Likes

Think this is something that could likely make an appearance in the SoundCore Pro, seeming as they are currently making making improvements…

3 Likes

Also there have been conflicting reports as to whether the new Zolo speakers will have BT 5.0.

1 Like

That is great but I would like to see that feature in a more rugged model like the sport XL as well. Sooner than later so people don’t go to other companies looking for these features.

1 Like

Someone on my YouTube video commented about a potential SoundCore Boost XL. I think that would be a really cool idea.

1 Like

If it were up to me I would go 5.0 in all new devices as we seem to be at a turning point for BT where most higher end phones will include 5.0 and the difference & possibilities like dual speaker ect are significant. I also wonder if it is possible to just have 5.0 on the speaker/s so the speakers can pair and sync and be compatible with older Bluetooth seems like the only thing missing is an extra transceiver as most Anker speaker already have a mic that could be used to sync audio.

1 Like

I agree. To be completely honest, the people that try to defend Anker’s choice to stick with Bluetooth 4.x boggle my mind.

They claim benefits of battery life…

Perhaps it’s kinda like USB-C.

2 Likes

I wanna see 5.0 as well, even more so because the IOT (internet of things) is starting to grow and become a major thing in people’s everyday lives and those that falter to implement it will miss out drastically on the benefits and customers who will turn to companies that do offer it in all their devices

1 Like

No dice, I’ll take a speaker with 5.0 that plays 12hr over one with 4.1 that will play 24hr. But I doubt the difference would be that extreme. Maybe one or two hours less playtime.

Okay @AnkerOfficial you have your demands now make it happen :laughing:

1. BT 5.x
  2. Speakers that can connect and sync, at least two but more would be nice.
  3. Type c charging input/output
  4. 3.5mm line out & line in to daisy chain speakers
  5. USB-A out to charge devices
  6. Rugged shell
  7. High-wattage
  8. Ipx5/Ipx7 rating
4 Likes

Those all sound great, but for me, the most important part is still the audio quality, so I think that should continue to be their main focus as there is a lot of room for improvement!

1 Like

Oh yeah, and sound quality. I haven’t had any issues with Anker sound quality but agree high fidelity should be the highest priority in any & every Anker speaker.

1 Like

Thanks @Jesse_Hernandez1, your input provided is absolutely essential to our speakers development process. In the future, we will definitely make BT 5.0 speakers, when we receive detailed feedback like this, it goes straight back into the development cycle.

We value and welcome a continued dialogue with you, once more, we thank you for your valuable contribution to our efforts at Anker.:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Possibly a NDA ‘beta’, like the Select was for the now SoundCore 2…

Chances are that going forward BT 5.0 might make more appearances in product revisions and/or new products. Anker normally seem to release products new standards once they have a bigger foothold in the market.

Use of USB-C connection standard is lagging quite a bit I will admit…

@AnkerOfficial I think every new Anker device should have usb type c !
Most about USB type C devices I like is, that they can charge each other :slight_smile:
I can charge with my Phone my bluetooth speaker and with my speaker my Phone, thats great.

4 Likes

Happy to help, now get to work​:yum::joy::joy:

Please do stereo pairing with two speakers, I love your products but might begin to buy JBL speakers just for that feature.

Get the Ampme app to use two or more speakers at once. You will need one device (phone/ tablet) per speaker but can use as many speakers as you would like.

That is something that I would like and use. Plus you will sell more units.

All of the new soundcore speakers support stereo pairing and connect together :slightly_smiling_face: