iPhone 12 might not include a charger in the box

I generally sell on @Shenoy, hence keeping boxes and original accessories packed as new to improve resale value.
I used to keep stuff but was “collecting” to much so had a purge.

I still have my 4 year old phone, but need anker powercore to boost it up :rofl:

1 Like

@paulstevenewing you do it the smart way.

Buy a phone that has the latest and greatest processor, and that will get software updates for a several years. You get the most money out of your purchase that way.

1 Like

Thanks @TechMan
It’s worked for me for the last 10ish years.
Plus as new models come out you hope they don’t change design radically so you don’t feel like you have an old phone.

1 Like

We bought our last phones in 2017 when we bought iPhone 7 to upgrade from our CPO iPhone 5. The 7 was $550 and buy 1 get 1 free deal through T-Mobile just after X launched if I remember correctly. Buying even a year old phone is much better than new ones price wise and yea half of the people don’t even need the latest and greatest for their needs

Literally exactly the same. I get a new one every year or two and none of the accessories come out of the box. I grabbed my last one because I wanted a charger in the garage and didn’t want to wait but otherwise never.

Not including earbuds with the next iPhone I’m okay with since they were never particularly good to begin with and so many folks have moved on to wireless headphones of some kind. Not having a charger in box makes some sense for the consumer if Apple also reduces the price of the iPhone so that this isn’t just a way to offset the increased cost of 5G radios. It is great to reduce e-waste but without some kind of associated price reduction this feels like it only benefits Apple’s bottomline. Just my musings on the subject, we’ll see how “brave” Apple is during the announcement keynote.

There’s cost and there is price. Cost is the incremental unit cost of the charger and the larger packaging, slightly higher shipping costs, and any warranty issues with the charger. Price is the largely determined by consumer gullibility, which is higher when more money spent on marketing.

The cost of the charger to Apple, as they had them made by the millions, will be around $2.

So for Apple to make the identical profits they’d only reduce price by $2 by ditching the charger. If that sounds unfair, it is because most of the price of the iPhone is profit.

The difference between unit cost and price funds the one-offs of R&D, testing, and what remains is profit to be spent on high Apple employee salaries and to the Apple stockholders.