Introducing PowerIQ 3.0 | PowerPort+ Atom III

While this is sometimes true, unfortunately none of that information has really been able to go to use.

I have never posted anything that is not publicly available.

Any information from the admins did not help me in any way make that post.

I try to get news to the Community the fastest.

@ndalby, how do you not understand that they revealed the tech before I posted anything about it?! I simply shared it before they did.

4 Likes

This is what I thought, but I didn’t want to put words in your mouth :grin:. You’ve mentioned similar things in other threads.

I’m tired of seeing your posts closed, just because the admins wanted to post the same thing.

I don’t want to disrespect the admins, because they truly are great! But seeing that happen is simply unjust.

1 Like

you do a great job of getting the new to the community so fast so we thank you so much

1 Like

Had seen the post from Anker early this morning, and mentioned it to Anker in a post. They should merge that post into the original thread your started.

Do keep doing what you do the best - reviews and share them :ok_hand: :pray:

1 Like

Thanks Josh for all your hard work. Staying so informed about the community must be challenging, How do you do it?

1 Like

@Shenoy that was this post :joy:

@moser.alias this is a quote from @joshuad11

I was referring to this post here :joy:

1 Like

Omg this is powerful! This is gonna be really useful!

Agreed. :thumbsup:

1 Like

@joshuad11 I didn’t say any of the information from the admins was used to create this post and at no point did I say you posted something that was not publicly available (or announced elsewhere by Anker)…all I said is that we are privy to information on some upcoming products…which in turn from a common sense standpoint we would know that Anker would no doubt announcing within the community…so why try to beat them to it?

Don’t get me wrong I have no issue with you posting first, second, third or forth, my comments were directed towards @TechMan in regard to the fact that things are often going on behind the scenes that he is not aware of, which can put into context why things like this can happen…it was not an attack on you personally…

Just to clarify, as far as I am aware none of @joshuad11 posts have been closed or merged (by myself) when the admins are later to the party to post about it…the last post closure he had was I believe in March this year, when he duplicated a new product topic that had been announced several days before…

This is true, the post I was thinking of wasn’t Josh’s. It was the one about the T-shirt’s.

I know you have a reason for closing that one (ankerofficals post had something about sharing a photo on social media), I still think it is uncool.

If Josh started a thread (for example) about the Star contributors one year anniversary, and then I started the same thread, but included a link to the original topic, and thanked the star contributors for there contributions, (both of which josh didn’t include) would you close his thread?

Sorry if this seems personal. I know you try your best to be fair, and you have done very well in the past. I’m not mad, just a little frustrated. I hope you understand what I’m saying, and don’t take it the wrong way.

Trust me I get where your coming from but alas this involves a site admin post so the same rules do not essentially apply, after all it is their site…however as to your analogy, for me, it would depend on several factors such as the general thread uptake, post quality etc but in most instances I’ve merged to or favoured the first member to post…

1 Like

This is my problem. This attitude/outlook is censorship.

I think if the admins “repost” it’s best to let them do the merging/closing of threads

Which is why nothing has been done yet and probably will not…the previous duplicate thread which was merged to the site admin version took preference mainly to keep the content of the posts in context…unfortunately its a balancing act which will never please everyone :raised_hands:

3 Likes

No, PD (or a mimic) does not work through A!

I’m not aware of any of my posts that have been closed (?).

What happens is I beat the admins to a post and then they both remain open, which is fine with me. The difference is theirs gets pinned and mine doesn’t, so it attracts more attention even though I shared the news faster… :confused: They don’t have to follow the rules.

[quote=“ndalby, post:25, topic:68943”]
from a common sense standpoint we would know that Anker would no doubt announcing within the community…so why try to beat them to it?
[/quote]Whoa, whoa there.

It is far from common sense. Do you realize how many products go by without a formal announcement? The majority! Even if they plan to share information on it, as soon as I have the information, I am not going to wait to post (once I find the time). I want to help delivery news to the Community as fast as everyone deserves.

Obviously the admins could post before the information was public if they wanted to, but they very rarely do.

2 Likes

I was thinking it was your post, but then I remembered it was someone else’s.

It doesn’t matter who it is, if they beat the admins, they’re post shouldn’t be closed…

1 Like

YEAH! This is what all us PD people have been waiting for! Nice work @AnkerTechnical!