IFTTT support: confusing statements from Eufy

+1 for IFTTT. Outside of the truly nameless video doorbell suppliers, only Anker (Eufy) and Remobell provide free video storage. Along with the minor cost savings, this a HUGE differentiation point vis a vis Nest and Amazon. Remobell further ups the ante by including IFTTT support.

In fact, I purchased and installed the Remobell, and would have it still if their support had been more competent. I’m very pleased with the Eufy doorbell, but adding IFTTT support would be killer and wipe out any feeling of buyer’s remorse.

Hi guys… I would buy Eufy Cam, but the lack of ifttt put me in confusion… Should I choose other product? I see many reviews and these cams looks better than others… But I need ifttt for integration with others smart devices I have…
What you suggest?

Thanks!

@Marco17 there is no evidence that Eufy will ever deliver support for IFTTT. We have been asking from day 1. In the beginning they said they were still “considering” it - despite being promised on their Kickstarter campaign - but now they’ve even stopped replying to any question about it. Appalling, really… :frowning:

2 Likes

I bought a two camera set to try them two weeks ago.
The fact there is no integration with IFTTT or other smart hubs like Smartthing or Hubitat (etc) is a huge cons.
I would need 3 or 4 extra cameras to be added, but that will only happen if integration with home automation systems is added (or there is plan to do it).
I really need to know if this is in the agenda and a possible release year/quarter for such feature. The fact of not knowing anything about your plans regarding this would make me to reconsider my choice before expanding the system. I’m not saying you need to release it ‘now’. Just the fact of knowing if it is on your plans and for when helps a lot, even if the waiting is long. We can plan ahead how our home systems will work in the future.
However, when there is no information about it, some of us might consider planning our systems using a different product just because of the lack of information.

Best regards,
Cristian

3 Likes

It obvious that Eufy aren’t going to implement it now, its been a year

As this is clearly false advertising I ask you all, even the ones of you that don’t need it to report it to your local trading agency

5 Likes

@AnkerOfficial please escalate as we need some action here !!

2 Likes

Really disappointed @AnkerOfficial, was literally on the way to purchase but thought I’d better double check and came across this.

Going to have to with Arlo now I guess.

2 Likes

+1 for IFTTT and geofencing, @AnkerOfficial any updates on this topic ?

3 Likes

+1 :+1: will be glad to know.

1 Like

The baddest thing is that i also purchased the doorbell thinking that iftt and google home is an automation that in almost every smart drvice should be

Im uncomfortable that the readings on the box saying it is but its not

Is it so hard to make it? Is it so hard yo tell if its gona be or never wait? If its developing then how much time we should wait?

3 Likes

+1 for IFTTT
it’s definitely required to work with Smartthings or come up with an integration with Samsung Smartthings
How can a company advertise IFTTT on the box and not have the functionality at all.
Can they be sued for it? I am from Australia and would like to know how to go about this.
@AnkerSupport - It’s been a year, any timeline for IFTTT support or is still being evaluated?

Regards
Shiva

4 Likes

You may need to buy eufycam 3 for IFTTT :rofl: @AnkerOfficial pass it on please :innocent:

3 Likes

If anyone would like to start a class action lawsuit for false advertisement let me know. It’s still advertised on multiple retail pages. Absolutely ridiculous.

4 Likes

Not just multiple pages also on the product box, it clearly states supports IFTTT.
@AnkerSupport, @AnkerOfficial

5 Likes

the problem is, they have a “condition” on that Smart Integration label on the box, saying available in future firmware. Not sure if that complicates things, but it’s definitely misleading!

How did you get your lumos bulbs to work with IFTTT?

I am more than a little bit annoyed at this as it prevents me from integrating Eufycam into my Home Automation - and as just one example - I want to be able to switch on all external lights if any of my EufyCams detect motion…
So give me the promised IFTTT or at the very least add some webhooks or an API so we can do it ourselves.

3 Likes

No annual fees. But you do need new system every 12 months or so :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, technology is radically changing everyday. If you want to keep up with latest, and have budget, you can opt to have a new system every year to get the highest comfort.
But the initial releases will lack so many features and yet they do work without any of those bells.
My original eufycam still going strong, I do get it, not much automation but it works. And it was my choice at that time to go with this set up. There is no UNDO here sadly.

Likewise - it was my choice at that time to go with this setup.
I agree tech is changing. However, Anker from pretty much day 1 on kicstarter promised HomeKit and IFTTT
They said it will be done. Now we need new hardware to get features that were supposed to be part of original deal. This is issue a lot of original backers face
Its frustrating

1 Like