IFTTT - Please!

Let’s get IFTTT working! You have very basic stuff for Alexa/Google, and upcoming Apple, but IFTTT IMHO would open a significant amount of possibilities, without having to create individual capabilities within each home integration platform. Save yourself time and just prioritize IFTTT please!

2 Likes

Not gone happen:

From eufy support:
"Thank you for your quick response.

For the IFTTT feature, we sincerely sorry to let you know it won’t be supported in the short term.

We totally understand that our product is not perfect. You have our promise that our engineers would work day and night to improve this product and we are glad to have your support and understanding, which would be a huge encouragement for us to seeking continuous improvement.

We will consider the possibility of future development. Any other concerns we can address in the future, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for your support. Have a lovely day."

Yeah…this is has been requested for a very long time… Just not going to happen.

They dont care for automations, they only did homekit because of the size of the market in question…

Report them for false advertising, says on the box that it’s supported & it was one of their selling features (like usb support on the new homebase, wonder if that has the same fate)

The absence of IFTTT triggers in EufyCam has become a really relevant issue for me.

I got a house that stands out in the neighborhood because of large glass pane windows which attracts people. Some even walk in on my driveway and stare for a brief moment. A bunch of drunk guys came recently at 11 pm and just stood on my front lawn discussing “that piece of architecture”. Sig butts littering all over. Of course I got a video and it made me furious to watch in the morning and clean up cigarettes after these rubberneckers.

If I only had a way to automate and arm a siren feature in my EufyCam, right? Any trespassers would be scared away instantly and automatically when I am asleep or away!

So the problem here is I have no way of enabling security modes in Eufy Security App other than manually. I bought original EufyCam set presuming there’s IFTTT working. But no it doesn’t!

I’ve got a security alarm system (Ajax) and Smart Home system (SmartThings), and they both have IFTTT and integrate to arm and disarm together. But not Eufy!

I really hope there will be a way soon to cycle security modes for EufyCam. IFTTT seemed like a no-brainer way. Why is it still in the works??

Because they can’t be bothered, there can be no other reason

Advertised it & put it on their packaging just to get sales

Well then, guess I have to order an illuminated sign saying:

CCTV Monitored Private Property.
Please stay away from the lawn.
Trespassers will be filmed
and posted online.
Fair warning.

• and then sue Eufy over false advertising on the amount of this sign being made.

Not really sure if I am still joking about it.

Maybe a Class Action suit is in order?

1 Like