If you had to go into Hospital with Covid-19 - what would you take?

@Chiquinho @professor You are very right about flu vaccines, I applied it every year but unfortunately this year I haven´t applied it at the ideal time. I think it really strengthens the immune system and that it is somehow activated when viruses and bacteria enter the body

1 Like

Thank you very much! I´m grateful for your good wishes :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

So since I started this thread, I’ve been into hospital total of 5 times and later today makes a 6th via a broken arm then a broken leg, and on one of those visits I was taken from the street where I had the accident and shuttled between hospitals and then waiting in a corridor for some hours.

I’d highly encourage to own something like the 20Ah or the 10Ah Powercore and have it with you. The 10Ah is more of an EDC than the 20Ah but 20Ah lasts longer, so ideally own both to handle short and long situations. An unplanned A&E with the 10Ah and a planned visit with the 20Ah is what I’m recommending.

For iPhone users

For Android / USB-C users

I know the recent news is good on vaccines so I expect by this time next year we’ll all be fine, but we have yet to get through winter and the backlog on medical services even after vaccination will mean up to a year of waiting our turn in a waiting room, etc.

Being able to patiently wait your turn relaxed with your Powercore is certainly my recommendation. Or even if you helping someone, visiting, having these to offer to others is a good thing, I was in hospital for 3 nights and offered my 10Ah out to others who were too far from a wall socket.

£15 / £16 for Android / iPhone users is not much…

2 Likes

Good advice there @professor
And from, unfortunately, personal experiences.

1 Like

Because the situation in Europe an Northern America is going worse again .

Take a bible with You.
So if you are in an awful condition, others should pray for you.

1 Like

I’m left my home for a week’s of backpacking and I am already regretting leaving with only 10000mAh Powercore, it empties easily in less than a day. Tomorrow on a train and two buses and doubt I’ll have power to keep gadgets full.

I think 10000mAh is good for a planned day of being near power but many days with a tablet+phone I am needing more around 13000mAh-15000mAh and Anker doesn’t particularly make them. So 20000mAh.

FYI this is in my bag this trip:

• Bolder LC40 - in case I’ve misjudged the walking distance / time and walking after dark
  • Powerport Mini - two USB-A ports for my LC40, buds, etc
  • Powerport Nano 18W - for recharging my Powercore 10000 PD and tablet. I will put the most power-demanding device on this charger, the Mini for getting 3 ports total.
  • Various Powerline cables, have 6ft C-C to keep my tablet going from a B&B wall socket.
  • 11" screen tablet
  • 6" phone
  • spare phone
  • Slim buds x2. Too useful, very hard to lose, and I use the 2nd one while recharging 1st one so basically have 24x7 charged buds. The 10000 PD Powercore has trickle charge mode to get buds back to charged
  • Anker waterproof phone bag as navigating in mountains via phone.

If I land in hospital next time I’m broadly happy with the gadgets with me, apart from I should kick myself should really have a 20000 PD to last more time off-grid.

2 Likes