How to Setup Up Soundcore’s Total Wireless Pairing

As requested by @AnkerOfficial, Here’s a shorten version of my Howto Article on How to Setup Total Wireless Pairing. I’m sure there are other ways to connect and pair two speakers for Soundcore Speakers but the two listed below are the only two ways I could successfully get them to connect. You can see the complete article on my personal site that includes thoughts, opinions, the current list of Soundcore Speakers that work with Total Wireless Pairing, and more pictures.

One of the benefits of owning a Bluetooth speaker from Soundcore is that many of them can be paired together by a feature called Total Wireless Pairing. When paired together, your sound is doubled and creates a stereo sound when the speakers are properly placed in a room together.

I find that a lot of Soundcore (Anker) products tend to be lacking in actual product feature how-tos and using Total Wireless Pairing can be a bit challenging for those that may be technology challenged or don’t want to spend the time figuring it out. Even the instructions that come with the speakers are vague. So I decided to write up this little tutorial. The below instructions will walk you through the process of pairing the speakers manually and through the app.

What Soundcore Speakers Can Be Paired to Create Total Wireless Pairing by Soundcore

The way Total Wireless Pairing works is you have to have two speakers and only two speakers of the same model can be paired together.com

So far you can use the Soundcore Mini 2, Motion Q, Flare, Flare+, Flare S+, and Model Zero. There are more speakers coming out this year and more options every year. I will update the list on the full article that can be found onmy website, so check there for future updates.

How to Setup Total Wireless Pairing

To activate Total Wireless Pairing all you really need to do is pair one of the speakers with your phone or tablet. That means you need to locate the Bluetooth pairing button on your speaker and then pair the speaker with your phone following your manufacturing instructions.

For this tutorial I used a pair of Soundcore Flares from the Soundcore Flare 2-Pack purchased from Amazon.

On the first Soundcore Flare you can locate the power button and the Bluetooth Button. Turn on the speaker by holding the power button for about a second. Once the speaker is powered up, press the Bluetooth button. Press it for about a second or two. Once the Bluetooth logo slow blinks, go to your phone, and do a Bluetooth device search. click on the Flare link to pair.

Once paired, you will see a solid Bluetooth Logo. If you turn on your music, you should hear music through the speaker. You can control the sound level, pause/play, and turn off the lights from either speaker. Adjust one and the other will adjust as well. You can also control the Bass UP button as well.

To active Total Wireless Pairing You have two ways to do that. You can pair by manually connecting the two speakers or you can use the Soundcore App.

In my opinion the harder way to setup Total Wireless Pairing is to press buttons on the speakers to link the two. Here’s how you can connect manually.

With only one speaker paired (you can pair both speakers if you want), power up the second. Once powered up go back to the paired speaker and press the Bluetooth logo and hold it for 3 seconds. The Bluetooth logo should start rapid flashing.

Next go to the second speaker and press the Bluetooth logo for 3 seconds. Once you let go you should see the logo start rapid flashing. In a few seconds, they should pair. The speakers will sound off and flash some color.

Once connected both Bluetooth logos will go solid. At this point you can turn off the lights, control sound levels, pause/play, and turn off Bass Up.

How To Activate Total Wireless Pairing From the Soundcore App

To activate Total Wireless pairing from the Soundcore app you will need to download the app from iTunes or Android store.

Once installed, open the app and find your speaker. If the app asks you to update the firmware. Do so, updates are done to add features and add bug fixes. The update only takes about 5 minutes to complete. Once updated, check out what you can do with this app.

Next, power of the second speaker and pair to your phone. Once paired go into your app and find your new speaker and update firmware if asked.

Once completed the app will find both paired speakers and active Total Wireless Pairing. One will be called L for left and the other one R for Right. You can switch between the two speakers. You will be able to control sound quality, sound levels, and the style of the light show produced.

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing this buddy. I’m confident it’ll help a lot of people out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I only gave 1 flare right now but I plan to get another one one day. :grin:

1 Like

This is really a good manual ! Easy to read, including all important steps. Thanks !

1 Like

Is it possible to couple a Flare + with a Flare? Or does it have to be 2 Flares of the same type?

Hi @slowyck yes you can as per @AnkerOfficial here

2 Likes

I am not sure why this has came up as unread but I re-read it anyways lol

Looks like my ghost is haunting your ghost :joy:

1 Like

I guess they do not like to boo alone :rofl:

1 Like

Would be great to know how to pair them but with one connected to the TV through an AUX headphone cable. Only seems to work with boost, and not stereo when I do that. Can’t find any info anywhere on that, can’t be the only one out there looking to do this surely!

I don’t think that is how TWS works, it’s an alternating Bluetooth signal so won’t work with one wired one Bluetooth.

What happens is the phone is transmitting to what the phone thinks is one device but both are receiving it, the 2nd slave had cloned the 1st master and to make them not compete they pick up alternating frequencies.

It’s not the master forwarding to the slave, the slave is faking being the master so both can receive the signal. This is why the master’s battery life is unaffected by the slave as once cloned they work independently of each other.

In theory once the slave has cloned the master MAC you could power off the master and the slave should still keep receiving. I don’t own two TWS so can’t try.

All that Partycast does is take this cloning to the next level of all the speakers have cloned the master’s MAC address temporarily.

It’s explained in the FCC listing and it’s not that clever a technology when you think radio signals go in all directions and the only difference between all the Bluetooth speakers you own is whether they ignore it or not.