How the PowerCore Fusion 5000 saved me!

His elementary school only goes to 6th grade, 7th and 8th grade is considered middle school/junior high and thus different school and needs. So instead of the schools providing what they need and seemingly having to purchase more since the classes get larger, it is on the parents to provide their kids with what they need. Laptops or even Chromebooks won’t be used until high school here and tablets are used in it’s place because they are more portable and can easily go with students from class to class. Honestly I don’t know why they really need them, it’s just what I was told from other parents as it’s listed on the requirements for then to enter the schools

Talk with the teachers?

Parents usually say what the kids say, so it is a want based, not a needs based, mood music.

Bear in mind the older generation were in angst about ink and blotting paper supplies hence why school uniforms were dark due to the ink stains everywhere. That and climbing trees and soccer.

I only can say Americans. I will be in school until 2020. In Germany, we use paper to write everything. There are no really worksheets. We use college blocks. Our exams we write by hand what is sometimes really annoying because you are writing really fast for 90 minutes.

Now I’m at an American school for an exchange year and I have to say when we talk about equipment there is a huge difference. In American schools, you are using the technology. You get a school book but also a web version of it. Essays are typed on notebooks over several days.

I think it is very interesting if you try to compare both systems. I personal have the feeling that the German school is more strict. I would get more into it if someone is interested in it because I think it is very interesting.

1 Like

I don’t understand how it was possible to survive in my youth without any phones, tablets and computers. :wink:

1 Like

Do you really believe in such surveys?
May be they made it on the countryside but not in London. :laughing:

When I see the kids here in the neighbourhood, these are very lucky, because we live near a little park where they can play soccer etc.
But this is really a exception here in Munich.

Regarding suveys:
I think the result of a survey is always that what the sponsors want it to be!
(eg. Surveys before elections :wink: )

Nice use case!

Great story! Thanks for sharing @ktkundy!
“Back in my day” :joy: I wish we had iPads as that would have saved my back from carrying 3-5 textbooks in my backpack.

Only 3 to 5? I had to carry all of my textbooks in high school. We had block scheduling which meant we had all subjects, 7 in total everyday, just different times. We only had 3 minutes to get to our next class so going to our lockers in between was a big no no. I hated it, literally had to either have wheels on our backpacks or bear all the weight on our backs. I was so happy when I graduated and I got to turn my books back in.

1 Like

In this case, the surveys for Germany were not the best for the SPD and I’m still waiting for more than 16 MBit/s max download which should be available in a City with 500,000 inhabitants.

1 Like

That’s the “politics” here. :angry:
E.g. In Munich (> 1000.000 inhabitants), there are only some parts of the city connected to glass fibre.

My house is located in a part (really 3km to the Marienplatz) there is NO!
glass fibre availabe. We are WAITING here since many years.

But the public money is usually wasted for other things! :disappointed:
I use telekom Magenta S (cheapest tariff : 14,51, 2,38, 18).

But I’m not sure there will be more capacity if I change to an expensive one, promising more speed.
(Old copper is old copper , and there are many users here in the line)

Might you live in an area where vectoring is enabled?

Haha, I just have the same feeling with you! if I don’t have tablet, can’t I take the test?:joy::joy:

Handwriting skill still very important in many countries, especially in China.:laughing:

If we had iPads (and current broadband speeds) in school when I was younger I would’ve spent most of the classes watching YouTube videos or playing games lol

Although I know a lot of schools now are starting to integrate coding etc into the curriculum, which is something I wish was available when I was in school.

1 Like

I think powercore fusion 5000 is one of the most useful charger. It has the correct size and features.

Agreed! It is one of my favorite chargers!

1 Like

great story :heart_eyes:

Truly a generation gap between the younger folks.

I would love to test one :slight_smile: