How the PowerCore Fusion 5000 saved me!

We all have those tech emergencies. I face one the other day at school. I thought I charged my iPad the night before but my brother bumped into the plug and it wasn’t charging like I had thought. When I got to school I was on five percent. My teacher would not let me sit near the outlet to charge it and we needed it that period. This is where the powercore fusion comes in. Instead I plugged it into the wall to charge its battery while I was forced to sit in my seat. At the end of class I took it out of the wall and then charged my iPad using it. It saved me since I needed this very iPad three periods later to take a test on it.
Thank you Anker for saving my grade!!
The powercore fusion will be with me every where I go and will probably continue to save me in countless other situations!!

14 Likes

Nice story hopefully you did a good job on your test

1 Like

Sigh, just shows how old I am. Students require tablets for school nowadays??

3 Likes

Kind of, my kids seemed to “require” lots of gadgets but when I met and asked their teachers apparently not “required”.

Get over it, they then “require” a car.

The Fusion is what I gift those who are not so gadget orientated, it is “all you need” and just goes between device and wall socket in a forgiving way.

2 Likes

Great story. I think everyone should have a power bank in their bag.

Hahaha. Very true. “Require,” “need,” etc. is not what they use to mean. It’s more of a “want.” Unfortunately, from time to time, I’m guilty of it myself :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

so true, but however I have been carrying a new Powercore 10000 in my bag for a couple of weeks waiting to hear “my phone is flat” so I can gift a happy outcome. Hopefully this week. It is usually on flights I gift a Powercore, got 2 flights this week. Fingers crossed.

I do know someone who wants a Fusion for their kids but I have been fated to be given one yet by Anker.

1 Like

My son’s in fifth grade and they use chrome books, but thankfully the school provides it for then. The 6th graders get the new ones and the fifth graders get the older models and on down it goes into the lower classes. Thankfully they haven’t needed tablets yet, but I was forewarned that in 7th grade they will start to need them as the schools will no longer supply computers or devices they will use and need.

my school gives the students iPad with the freshmen having the newest and seniors having the oldest and we use them to take tests online, view PowerPoints our teachers post and so on. Still use a pen and paper though

1 Like

That’s crazy! Chromebook can do everything a tablet can! Why would you need both for school?!

1 Like

Seniors get the oldest :laughing:

I imagine iPads are becoming much more popular in schools considering the regular price is $330 let alone the education discounts.

1 Like

Usually the “need” is a want.

Powerpoint used to be a major need but since Office365 and its browser based, hence Chrome, so long as you have Wifi you’re fine. I use Chromebook, Android, and Powerpoint daily. Android works a little better.

I am trying to get to the corner of only need a phone or low-end tablet, BT keyboard, and a Chromecast. Not quite there yet.

His elementary school only goes to 6th grade, 7th and 8th grade is considered middle school/junior high and thus different school and needs. So instead of the schools providing what they need and seemingly having to purchase more since the classes get larger, it is on the parents to provide their kids with what they need. Laptops or even Chromebooks won’t be used until high school here and tablets are used in it’s place because they are more portable and can easily go with students from class to class. Honestly I don’t know why they really need them, it’s just what I was told from other parents as it’s listed on the requirements for then to enter the schools

Talk with the teachers?

Parents usually say what the kids say, so it is a want based, not a needs based, mood music.

Bear in mind the older generation were in angst about ink and blotting paper supplies hence why school uniforms were dark due to the ink stains everywhere. That and climbing trees and soccer.

I only can say Americans. I will be in school until 2020. In Germany, we use paper to write everything. There are no really worksheets. We use college blocks. Our exams we write by hand what is sometimes really annoying because you are writing really fast for 90 minutes.

Now I’m at an American school for an exchange year and I have to say when we talk about equipment there is a huge difference. In American schools, you are using the technology. You get a school book but also a web version of it. Essays are typed on notebooks over several days.

I think it is very interesting if you try to compare both systems. I personal have the feeling that the German school is more strict. I would get more into it if someone is interested in it because I think it is very interesting.

1 Like

I don’t understand how it was possible to survive in my youth without any phones, tablets and computers. :wink:

1 Like

Do you really believe in such surveys?
May be they made it on the countryside but not in London. :laughing:

When I see the kids here in the neighbourhood, these are very lucky, because we live near a little park where they can play soccer etc.
But this is really a exception here in Munich.

Regarding suveys:
I think the result of a survey is always that what the sponsors want it to be!
(eg. Surveys before elections :wink: )

Nice use case!

Great story! Thanks for sharing @ktkundy!
“Back in my day” :joy: I wish we had iPads as that would have saved my back from carrying 3-5 textbooks in my backpack.

Only 3 to 5? I had to carry all of my textbooks in high school. We had block scheduling which meant we had all subjects, 7 in total everyday, just different times. We only had 3 minutes to get to our next class so going to our lockers in between was a big no no. I hated it, literally had to either have wheels on our backpacks or bear all the weight on our backs. I was so happy when I graduated and I got to turn my books back in.

1 Like