How Do You Maintain A Healthy Weight?

Seconded. Even just changing the day order of certain exercises can help with weight plateau’s. Also foods you eat can help speed up your metabolism to aid weight loss, such as incorporating chilli, peppers, green tea, cinnamon to your daily diet…

2 Likes

Thank you! It was over the course of a year, and the first 15-20 lbs came off pretty quickly.

I’m currently going through a bit of a shake up here. After much trial and error it would seem I am more intolerant to milk that I though. So I’ve started using rice milk (soya milk when away from home) instead of normal milk in my coffee and anything I normally use milk for. Just that change over the past 3 months has made a massive difference to how I feel! :smiley:

Now I’m going to start going to the gym and extra couple of times a week and probably buy smaller plates to help with portion control at home!
I don’t need to loose a vast amount of weight (around 2st/ ~14kg) but I am fed up of feeling unfit :smile:

Excellent information @TechnicallyWell :+1: I really appreciate that you included a link. It’ll prove helpful, indeed! :grin:

1 Like

Good ideas @ndalby - Thanks!

I never thought I’d chilis or cinnamon before. I’m a New Orleans native so everything is pretty much spicy as it is, but I certainly wouldn’t mind kicking it up a notch! Definitely gonna look into the cinnamon too- may also help curb some cravings :wink:

Are you going to build muscle?!:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha, hope you can stick to it! Six months is a quite long time!:muscle:

It’s a long-term project, but I like all your ideas! :thumbsup:

Yeah, one of my friend also have the same idea with you, she do regular excise just for stay younger and live long enough!

1 Like

Is it tiring to do two jobs?

Congrats, you dropped weight without notice!:joy:

I’m going to take yoga class this week!:stuck_out_tongue:

Lifting weights helps more than many people realize. Bodybuilding.com has plenty of articles on that subject. It’s not just for bodybuilders. Colorie counting also helps too.

1 Like

Have fun!
There are yoga classes on a few lunch times at my work. I’ve occasionally thought of going but a quick look at some of the weird and wonderful positions they get themselves into and I decided I am totally not bendy enough for that! :joy:

1 Like

It’s tiring because I go from one job being overnight right into the next job in the morning so when I get home I have to sleep otherwise I have no energy and will struggle to stay awake the next night at work.
But it’s more exhausting due to the limited amount of sleep, I try to catch up on that on the weekends, provided my wife and son don’t want to do anything

1 Like

for me tracking calories is very important. I use an app called myfitnesspal and make sure Imm eating enough. In my case, I lose weight when I dont eat enough. so I need to lift heavy and eat a lot to maintain a nice figure. Recently however, I gotta cut back on the calories because my metabolism is starting to slow down

3 Likes

How many meals a day do you eat? I understand eating every 2-3 hours helps to keep the metabolism up

Hahahahaha… :laughing:

Tank… you should take care of yourself…It sounds too tired and you have limited time to rest…:tired_face:

Yup, pulled a muscle last Wensday and then I got a cold.so yup definitely feeling it and yes I need to take it easy.