Hissing (white sound) when audio plays

I already opened a ticket but wanted to ask anyway. I get a hissing sound when I play audio or use an app that plays audio, like the phone dialer. This hissing does not get louder with volume, it does stop when I pause my music after 5 or so seconds. It also does it when it makes it’s “searching” sound for a partner device. Is this normal? I could hear the hissing through the entire HearID setup as well as between music tracks. They also hiss when connected to a PC non stop. They are a week old and it do not recall a hiss during the hearID when I tried it the first time. I assume something happened and is causing this? Could I have somehow damaged them?

Have you updated the firmware via the SoundCore app? If not - please update it. Firmware 1.22 greatly reduces the hissing or white noise.

Please update the firmware and let us know

Also contact SoundCore Support. Service@SoundCore.com

It was updated when I first used them via the app. It definitely wasn’t happening at first. It started yesterday. It’s the same white noise people complain about as far as I can tell.

My pair says “Iteration 1” on the box as well. Not sure if I got an older model or the new one. But I’m upset these “Grammy winner” backed earbuds have such an issue. My 13 dollar pair of tws ear buds from wish don’t even do this.

There was a defective batch and possible you might have a pair from that batch. Support will definitely resolve your issue as they did for other customers having this issue. Service@SoundCore.com

Yea they got to me this morning. Waiting to hear back since I emailed the serial number. It’s weird that it didn’t hiss for a week tho. Not sure if it got past it’s “break-in” period or what.

Most users reported the issue out of the box so don’t think it’s related to Break-in.

Honestly it might have been there and I didn’t notice. I only initially heard it after doing sitting in a phone call for a minute. I bought these so I can have good sound and a good call quality. In my state so much as thinking about your phone can get you pulled over. I love the music quality, but the hissing gives me a migraine. Otherwise I could deal with it.

I have personally disabled HearIDn commodity l completely and use only the SoundCore recommend equalizer setting. This has helped reduce the whole it the noise.

SoundCore support should get back to you with details on next steps.

I agree, hope support can resolve it for you. Recently heard about getting pulled over for having the phone in cup holder :man_facepalming:

This is out of context. — I do love to hear music or make calls with headset… But NOT while driving. I always connect to car BT sound system for calls, ad not touch the phone, or as much as possible completely avoid any interaction with phone while driving - except Google maps running on it. ( I attach phone to car magnetic holder)

Exactly shenoy. That’s why I keep a single bud on for calls, and it works great. My car is older and I do not have a radio that even supports Bluetooth. I have a smart watch and these L2P tho. So as you can see, I need these for more than listening to music. Don’t get it wrong, I play music on the car radio when I’m driving, not on the earbuds. You misunderstood.

1 Like

I have BT in my car but Apple Carplay takes care of it mostly including the navigation. So I just connect the phone when I start and don’t usually look at it until I am getting off the car.

1 Like

I never intended to imply I listen to music on them in the car. I use them for phonecalls while driving. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

noted, these are somethings which get lost during the discussion over a community, you are all good!

hope you hear response from Soundcore support!