He's BAAACK! Missed You All!

Hello Friends and Strangers -

I have been away… Going through a lot personally and professionally.

I know we all have had our issues either related or unrelated to the pandemic. But just wanted to say I’ve missed you all. I will do my best to get back here more often!

With that said… Not sure if it’s been done, I couldn’t find anything.

What is one thing you’ve learned about yourself, or have done over the past 12-16 months that impressed you!

I started running/walking, and while the first few times I would walk/run 1-2 miles. Mostly walking!! I am now running more than walking and up to 10 miles. The human body is truly amazing and it is surprisingly fun to push your body!

Love you all!

Q

8 Likes

Welcome back @Quinn_Armstrong good to see you around again! It is amazing the effect exercise (big or small) has on your well being and mental health (these days).

2 Likes

I had a broken leg and declined the painkillers, in the daytime I distracted myself with intense mathematics lectures online and just 3 nights need a painkiller at bedtime as it was distracting me too much.

Wasn’t going to be no Mr Jackson

Indeed, I rebuilt my leg and got back to 10 mile walks and 100 mile bike rides, but I can’t run yet.

2 Likes

Hey great to see you again hope life is well.
I really learned patience and became tech support for my whole family and even my neighbors when everything moved online. Just started and internship after having my internship last semester canceled as well as being selected for research so I would say life has taken a turn for the better after being fought during the start. I’ve done a lot of self teaching self learning and reading as of late.

4 Likes

Hey @Quinn_Armstrong
Great to hear from you and hope whatever you’re going through ends well.

My story is similar to yours regarding exercise.
I started walking and now up to a quick jog/run and try to get in a 3mile/5k run daily.
Thats help me focus on diet and due to that I’ve lost 3 stones/19kg in the process.

Hope to hear and see more of you here :+1:t2:

Good to see you back :+1:

Welcome back @Quinn_Armstrong and congrats on your running!

Great to see you here again.
You know meanwhile we are really a small community,
so its fantastic to see such a “prodigal son” coming home. :joy:

2 Likes

Nice to see you, @Ndalby!

You are absolutely right - for me it started with diet 2 years ago. At first it was rough- you didn’t see the results, you wanted to quit and then it snow balls.

Fitness wise is the same thing - struggle to do one push up or pull up, walk one mile. Then it becomes trivial.

Little by little becomes a lot!

Truly incredible @professor Most would easily take the painkiller path.

100 mile bike rides… :face_with_monocle: That’s incredible - how long does something like that take?

Depends on weather, winter is faster as sustain 18mph. Summer it’s more like 16mph.

8 hours is a typical for 100 miles, stopping for photos etc.

Congrats on the internship, @Ktkundy! Nice that you can help your friends, family and neighbors! The online world was definitely challenging for most. Reminds me when the pandemic first started, I was trying to teach my Kindergartner how to use a computer while working from home!

@paulstevenewing, I appreciate that - I see the light at the end of the tunnel and ultimately know that I am on the right path!

What’s up, @ikari04warrior @TechnicallyWell :wave: Nice to see you both!

@Chiquinho you are an absolute treasure! I sorely missed you! Hope all is well with you my friend! Chicago to Germany is over 4,000 miles - but you can’t keep me away!

@professor that is truly amazing - I am in the market for a bike -but looking to start small. I have a co-worker with a $7,000 BIKE! I was in shock.

3 Likes

I’ll teach you.

You: I’d like to buy a bike.
Seller: yes this carbon fibre one is popular.
You: what’s the cheapest bike you have!
Seller: we have this half price $999 bike on offer.
You: what’s that bike at the very very back? The one up there
Seller: oh that one.
You: yes that one.
Seller (5 mins later) this one $799
You: isn’t it on deal half price?
Seller: no.
You: sorry my misunderstanding,bye.
Seller: now you mentioned it, I think it’s on sale for $599.
You: deal.

Best entering while shop is busy and then wait til they are quiet. Wear a bright orange jacket. Glasses help too.

All is fine with me Quinn.
Weeds don’t spoil.

weeds

1 Like

LOL - I went into a small bike shop - they had entry level bikes for $600.

I told him I was a beginner and looking to start small before getting anything crazy - I noticed on their website they had used bikes.

He said he had one downstairs for $250 - but he could probably get it down to $200 before he even finished his sentence. He then said he could get me the Raleigh bike for around $500…

He was young and I think overwhelmed with trying to get the “sale”. But I quickly noticed the GAME!

Welcome back.

1 Like