Help please, Have a challenge... How to charge Compact Jump Starter with Anker 21w solar device charger?

Has anyone tried to charge the Compact Car Jump Starter with a solar device charger (have Anker 21w solar device charger) that only has usb outputs? Is there such a cable/adapter to go from a usb out or (Lightning or micro usb cable) to the pin input such as this?

There are Solar panels with a 12V output, they are using the panels with more of a series rather than parallel cabling to up the voltage at the loss of amps.

Why do you ask? If your intention is to keep a jump starter charged, then the batteries inside Anker product lose power very slowly so you’d not really benefit. If you want to use solar to recharge a used depleted Anker product then you’re basically talking trying to jump start a whole of vehicles or a vehicle with a know unreliable battery and this is intended to be an emergency product. Once the vehicle is started you can use the supplied cigaretter lighter kit to recharge the Anker product.

For keeping a vehicle battery charged through long periods of inactivity, you can use solar directly.

3 Likes

Thanks Nigel.
My interest was for an emergency situation with no local power.
Power outage due to civil unrest.
Survival camp
etc
A situation where the jumper battery was run down for other charging needs and without a source of utility electricity. And then a vehicle needs a blast of current for a jump start. I live in Minnesota and jump starting vehicles in the winter time is quite common.
I would hope that I would be better prepared but if a situation arose soon and I only have my present equipment, I better be able to get creative. I do not have money at this time to purchase additional equipment.
Let me know if you have any more ideas.
Thanks

My question simplified is: How could I charge up the jump starter if my only source of power is a usb out port? I have a pack of pin adapters but not one that goes on a Lightning or micro usb cable. Is there such an adapter and would the solar panel current be ok to charge the jump stater with?

Winter and solar? Think how that actually work in practice. So its cold, the sun is weak or obscured.

Anker jump starter may not be your answer.

It comes with ability to keep it charged from DC power from car 12V. It loses power slowly so if you use it jump start then connect it to your running engine output to recharge.

For survival scenarios you need diversity of energy so solar is useful such as large static solar on your roof.

A valid combination is to keep the jump starter in the vehicle and keep it charged via that vehicle’s output so it can start the car and then the vehicle recharges the now depleted starter.

Another valid option is separate solar systems with 12V output they plug directly into the starter.

Also consider a separate generator for powering larger items.

Diversity is your friend here.

1 Like

Hi Now I have Jump start and Solar panel(out put 12V) I connect dolar panel output12v to input12v of jump start, then I see indicator input on monitor"s jump start the light indicator on monitor is charging in one second and then stop. I wait it one hour and then I see status battery on jump start again, it doesn"t increase or decrease. I think this problem about amphare(A) may be it s very few not too much for charge jump start, The sun light is weak. I will test on the sun light strong again . How about you thinking this problem. I has jump start powerbank for charge Cauldryn mug input 19v, it can charge. But i survival in forest i dont have car or generator, so i want to charge Cauldryn mug by Jump start. The solar panel can not charge Cauldryn 19v because output solar is 12v. Please help me. Thanks.

Try a meter on the solar panel to debug the issue. It’s probably not actually 12V.

If it’s actually 12V then see the current, if that’s too low consider two solar panels connected in parallel to double the current.

1 Like

I check solar panel’s voltage by volt meter is 12V and I see Cauldryn mug’s adaptor output 29V 3.43A I ever use step up circut dc 12V to 19V. Solar12V-----stepupcircut-----Cauldryn mug’s battery19V can not charge. I think amphrae from solar very weak(solarpanel 50watt commercial spec)