Happy 5th Birthday to Alexa!

Be sure to wish her a “Happy Birthday” today to hear a special musical guest!

I remember getting Alexa shortly after she was released back in 2014. She could only play Amazon music at the time (there was no Pandora or Spotify yet!) and I believe she only supported Hue bulbs for automation. My how she has grown!

7 Likes

Not in the Alexa / Amazon ecosystem myself but its interesting to see how the service has grown :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s crazy that it has been 5 years for Alexa. Just the other day I was looking at my Amazon account and realized that I had been a member for 7 years! Time is flying…

1 Like

Hey @TechnicallyWell
I literally had to Google this as I didn’t believe she was that old, unbelievable!
Every month I have it the more I love it.
I’ve only been onboard for around 2 years but have seen huge improvements in features and so each recognition.

You didn’t trust me?? :rofl:
Lol, actually I couldn’t believe it’s been 5 years, either. It seems like just yesterday that my friends were over, seeing an Echo for the first time, asking her vulgar things… :confounded:

2 Likes

Oh I trusted you @TechnicallyWell, just thought your source of information might have been wrong :wink:

1 Like

Will try this when I get home

Intrigued who the mystery guest is

1 Like

Will try this when I get home

Intrigued now who the special musical guest is

Good, good - use the competitor. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I say that being a Google device user, not Amazon. Still, industry bench-marking and all that - it’s notable.

Viva la Home!

2 Likes

Wow 5 years already lol

1 Like

Wow, 5 years already. I got her last Christmas. We love using her for general things like turning on lights and information.

1 Like

I have the Ring camera system and it’s pretty cool to be able to tell Alexa to pull up one of the cameras on the TV. It’s a hoot also when you have toddlers (3 & 5) and they try to tell Alexa to do something :rofl:

1 Like

happy b to this useless thing :joy: