G30 Robovac stopping and sitting in place

I have had a Eufy G30 since it was first released. The first one ultimately developed an issue and it would just spin in place Eufy replaced that one in June of this year. It appears to have developed the same clicking side motor as the first one (you can hear it in the video below) but I now have a handle on fixing that and will probably 3D print some replacement gears.

However, I am now having another more serious issue . The RoboVac will run for a few minutes then simply stop rolling. Everything looks normal, no alert tones, no alerts from the app, side motor runs, brush runs, all lights are on, but the locomotion wheels are not turning. If I hit the pause button it will resume cleaning then stop again a few minutes later. This is happening on tile floors so it is not the issue with carpet that some Eufy vacuums have had (judging from the forums). I have uploaded a video:

Has anyone seen this before?
I have an email in to Eufy support as well but haven’t heard back from them yet (still early).

Michael

I lost track of this. It took a while to get approved.

Eufy support offered to replace it (great service as usual) but while waiting to hear from them I decided to give it a factory reset. However, I found that there was a firmware update (I was one updated behind apparently). I did the update and it is now behaving correctly again.

3 Likes

Perfectly you solved it.
My “old Willy” 11S can not get such an update.
Sometimes he shows some weird behavior.
But now an old one I will never replace him.
Even he got that disease:
How is it called : Alzmeier, Alzhuber…?
Oh no , seems I forgot that! :rofl::rofl: