Flashlight design and features ideas

Yes but would then need an external charger. I’ve been there before. It’s easier to carry a spare pack of batteries.

Lol spell check… I’m not sure if they make protected 26650 cells so some sort of battery indicators wold be ideal to prevent battery over discharge. For people who use their light everyday I think this would be very useful imo. 1300 lumens on high maybe 1500 lumens on boost/extreme mode on a short timer to save battery and prevent over heating. Not sure what single led lumen limits are but the larger battery’s should help with output and battery life. Also not sure if it is possible to make an adjustable beam with multiple LEDs instead of relying on One LED to put out 1300+ lumens and be adjustable beam.

Probably shouldn’t buy a flashlight with strob if you have epilepsy.

1 Like

Lumens all depends on the type of led used and amount of power it requires, the biggest issue then becomes heat and being able to disipate that heat properly.
1 of my flashlights is advertised as being 1800 lumens capable, but at that high bight Ness the batteries almost always go into protect mode and kills power to the flashlight after about 5 minutes. So whenever I use that flashlight it stays on low or medium setting, not sure how many clips the Samsung battery can take before it gets burnt out. Moat people think a couple hundred lumens is bright enough so realistically there is no need for a flashlight with that much lumen unless your taking advantage of a broad search beam or focused beam to deliver all that brightness to a set spot

Most people never really use their flashlight and they sit in a drawer for emergencies. But for those that do more light never hurts. I would like both flood and spot capabilities. Six modes strobe, sos, Low, medium, high and boost mode on a 30second timer to prevent battery over drain and flashlight overheating as well as the other features I’ve mentioned. before would be my ideal qualities.

1 Like

There is already a thread for this as well New USB-C or USB-A flashlight

Similar, but not the same. I searched I always do. I like the power bank idea pretty sure it was mine on Another thread. But I abandon the idea thinking it would be silly to have a power bank/flashlight combo bc it would accomplish neither task very well as the flashlight would most likely use up the charge. But wanting to use the 26650cells that are 5000mah each would be able to store enough energy to both use the flashlight and have a decent power bank. I propose using two 26650 in a long handle version of the light giveing that user 10000 mAh and a super bright flood / spot light.

Edit. Actually I take that back I do see the benefit of a less powerful flashlight / battery Bank in addition to the larger more powerful version that I proposed to be carried in a backpack or purse and used in a pinch.

They need to go quickcharge and usb c on everything though as well. Those ideas are good, they reach out to the law enforcement and military communities.

Which is probably the largest flashlight Markets alongside Hunters. I agree type c needs to be implemented before it is obsolete. Great ideas on the type C Quick Charge I didn’t consider charge time with a larger battery. At this time I do not believe Anker makes a USB C to micro adapter or lightning cables so a USB-A port would also be needed to charge non USB c devices. But please correct me if I am wrong.

Red and blue strobe mode would also be good for police

They should come with the con attachment to make it into a torch

I don’t understand what you mean

The orange plastic can be removed and it makes it great for traffic. I used one at the local fireworks show when I volunteered and helped out the local police

Another great idea these cones could also easily be 3d printed and snap on the top of the light.

Your natural night vision is very good but it is often robbed from you by other lights periodically blinding the retina or making the iris close up. So example situations your eyes are blinded is emergencies, sudden loss of light, or roadside repairs where passing vehicles make the eye protect itself, or ironically when others have torches and your eyes then have a streak across your vision for a minute or two.

If you go to a non-technological no-light rural type environment and see no artificial light, then the natural night vision emerges, these is enough light just from stars to detect your surroundings and walk, but such natural situations are robbed, ironically, by people with torches. IT only takes 1 artificial light a mile away to rob you of night vision.

So torches begat the need for torches.

Well, thanks for the lessons professor nigel. These ideas are for when you actually do need a flashlight and can not rely on the moon to see.

Moon robs you of night vision. Big bright light.

Milky Way is a good torch.

I own lots of torches, they are all Anker because good quality and value and as we are both residents near the San Andreas fault with winter storms, to liberally spread around so none stumble fumble wherever they happen to be when required.

I bought the Eufy lights to come on if anyone moves in dark for the stumbling part.

Oh no! You shouldn’t have lol! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

I’ll agree with you there the milky way is quite a sight when you’re the middle of nowhere and there’s no light pollution. One can never have to many Flashlights or torches as you call them my friend.

1 Like

I don’t know what’s going on with my spell check😂But it was too funny of a mistake not to call myself out.