Flashlight design and features ideas

The orange plastic can be removed and it makes it great for traffic. I used one at the local fireworks show when I volunteered and helped out the local police

Another great idea these cones could also easily be 3d printed and snap on the top of the light.

Your natural night vision is very good but it is often robbed from you by other lights periodically blinding the retina or making the iris close up. So example situations your eyes are blinded is emergencies, sudden loss of light, or roadside repairs where passing vehicles make the eye protect itself, or ironically when others have torches and your eyes then have a streak across your vision for a minute or two.

If you go to a non-technological no-light rural type environment and see no artificial light, then the natural night vision emerges, these is enough light just from stars to detect your surroundings and walk, but such natural situations are robbed, ironically, by people with torches. IT only takes 1 artificial light a mile away to rob you of night vision.

So torches begat the need for torches.

Well, thanks for the lessons professor nigel. These ideas are for when you actually do need a flashlight and can not rely on the moon to see.

Moon robs you of night vision. Big bright light.

Milky Way is a good torch.

I own lots of torches, they are all Anker because good quality and value and as we are both residents near the San Andreas fault with winter storms, to liberally spread around so none stumble fumble wherever they happen to be when required.

I bought the Eufy lights to come on if anyone moves in dark for the stumbling part.

Oh no! You shouldnā€™t have lol! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Iā€™ll agree with you there the milky way is quite a sight when youā€™re the middle of nowhere and thereā€™s no light pollution. One can never have to many Flashlights or torches as you call them my friend.

1 Like

I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on with my spell checkšŸ˜‚But it was too funny of a mistake not to call myself out.

There are a few flashlights with LCDs, but the coolest implementation of this is by Imalent in their EU06 model. Touch LCD indicator w/remote control LOL . There several Imalent models with this UI.

1 Like
  1. Like the Powerbanks, lights would work better than a screen. If Anker were to have a bigger flashlight, then the size needed would be that of a nightstick.

I guess no one cares about led bulb usage which makes sense seeing as LEDs last so long. I didnā€™t realize that the LC130 already uses 26650 cells so this would be the same diameter has been lc130 but with an extra cell adding length. I would be happy to pay between 60-70$ for a light with all of these features. More if it came with a case and extra lenses. Red green and maybe blue. I also believe that if this flashlight would become very popular among outdoor people and could potentially open up a new market for sales to Anker. It can be a hassle carrying around everything you need on an extended camping or hunting trips and having a gadget like this with so many features would be a huge help. How do you propose to activate the status LEDs? And how much would you pay for a device like this?

I donā€™t know why anyone would need a remote control on a flashlight. but I want one :grinning:

Well I did mention brightness depends on the type of LED and power being used. Personally I would take any flashlight that serve more of a purpose than just being a flashlight. Like you said, with cone attachments and/or projector lenses to help further concentrate the beams pattern be it narrow or wide close or far away

Maybe you have some suggestions on the type of led that should be used. As for the color lenses they would be to change the color of the the light not to change the shape of the beam that would be taken care of by adjusting the slide focus like the lc90.

or spare 18650 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I meant the projector is to help make the light serve more of a purpose

Now I see what you mean I never put much thought into lens vs reflector

Great ideas to improve those flashlights.
Being able to adjust the beam is a great one IMO

1 Like

:smiley: thank you thank you, I know itā€™s a great feature to have

1 Like

This biggest thing would be an indicator.