Flash Error on the EufySecurity windows web app

Issue no longer affecting me, either - thanks for the heads-up, DDI :hugs:

1 Like

I am still having the original issue. What was the fix?

1 Like

Hoping this assists and provides some useful information.

For those wanting to avoid the potential privacy risks and avoid using an edge browser.

EUFY need to fix and do an update to remove flash content players the EOL from Adobe was announced in July 2017.

Given that all companies using Flash Player should have been adopting the disuse of Flash Player or phasing over to a ongoing supported protocols that we are now hit with. Failure to play (20022)ā€¦

It is more likely though given comments about failures of customer service / tech support to get back re this issue the devices that use Flash player will also be EOL.
And they may not provide an update for customers using Flash Player based viewing / monitoring with a newer non Flash Player playerā€¦

A work around is to use an android emulator and run the app in the emulator on your PC .
This is a workaround Not a great solution.

It is what happens when you embed an update protocol into OSā€™s, software / apps / code you can force redundancy across the board and it fails to work as backwards compatibility is removed with every forced update.

The following may assist in section 6. Again if it works now by the end of 2020 it wonā€™t.

Adobe re Flash Player EOL.

After putting the content I got error stating new posters can only put in two links so link to page.

Hope it may help.

Same problem April 2021 ā€¦ I get this error about 30% of the time. Using latest version of Chrome/Edge and Windows 10 ā€¦ very frustrating. Android app works almost always. Please fix this.

now August 2021 and still the same issue using Mozilla Firefox.
Eufy please update your software/app to counter this issue, otherwise, Iā€™m looking at a boat anchor here.

1 Like

I am having this issue now. I previously had 2 wireless wifi outdoor cameras and had no issue viewing on my computer. I now purchased a wired wifi outdoor camera and I am able to view no problem on my phone app but NOT on my computer anymore. I get the Failed to Request (20022) error. Has this been fixed for anyone?? If not I will be returning this camera.

I am assuming you are talking about the web portal.

Which camera is having the issue? I think one they may be trying to fix.

I would probably contact the eufy services if it is the web portal

I had this issue with a new device today and after some trial and error, iā€™ve got it fixed and is working consistently on the web portal.

On your device youā€™re having issues with in the phone app, select the cog to go to your camera settings, scroll to the bottom and look for ā€œabout deviceā€. Click into that and you should see ā€œcheck for firmware updateā€. Select that and make sure your devices firmware is up-to-date. If not then update it.

This should fix it, however i did do a router reboot afterwards so if it still doesnā€™t work, try that.

The device I was using was the eufy 2k pan+tilt indoor camera. What would be nice is if the app scanned for firmware updates after successfully going through the setup. Iā€™ve got a number of other smart devices in the home and theyā€™ve all prompted for a firmware update after setup to ensure they work properly.

May 2022, and this issue is still happening for me.

Wonder how this is being affected with IE leaving Windows and if this was due to the web app being coded for IE and not been updated.

You can try this and see what happens. In edge go to the extensions and find IE Tab. It will make edge to show the page in IE mode (A sub address bar will show and that tab will be in IE mode). If it works then it may just be the coding vs something else. What cams do you have issue with the site not showing up?

Iā€™m having the same issue. Why hasnā€™t @AnkerSupport posted the fix steps?!?!