Favourite way to listen?

Oh they’re in my playlist, I think HSB - Black Tears is what took my right ear drum in school :joy:
I still listen to Slipknot occasionally, Along with A7X, Linkin Park, Skillet, Disturbed, Blink 182, Papa Roach etc. All varying genres but I have them in the same playlist as they’re all on a similar(ish) vibe.

I used to listen to Bring Me The Horizon and My Chemical Romance but I’m Okay now :wink:

1 Like

A little TLC goes a long way! It’s a wonder it’s still kicking after years of abuse in a pub, Lucky you managed to salvage it before someone scrapped it and wasted a perfectly good machine!

1 Like

Yes I was really lucky. The guy who sold it had two left hands and could not handle it. Te select keys were not properly fixed. So you could only select the first few records. But I only had to tighten the screws - I think I had to add one - and then the problem was fixed.

Then the cleaning started …

And I found a nice online shop, where I got a few spare parts - but I really needed only very few.

Nice story: when my wife first saw the “yellow” box, she said what you want to do with this smelling box ? I answered: I will clean it and then it is a gift to you for our marriage day (which just was coming soon). That kept her calm …

1 Like

That’s amazing! Not only has love gone into it but love comes out of it too!
Market value + Sentimental value = Priceless.

I bet the guy who sold it would be kicking himself if he saw it now :slight_smile:

1 Like

@shanesomnia your like my ultimate twin when it comes to music and what’s on my playlist. I threw my co-workers for a loop last night when I went my music went from Lisa Lisa and the culture James to Tekashi69 and then to Billie Holiday. My music playlist is all across the genres

1 Like

In-Ear Headphones I find that being able to work with one in one out allows for the most versatility.

@shanesomnia yeh I’ve actually got robbed my sound core headphones and they’re were literally brand new.Gutted

2 Likes

It’s so much better that way, being open to all music broadens your experience with it…I find there’s a different genre for every vibe but sometimes it’s fun to mix them up a bit.

I get told off by my friends for having some songs on my phone but I just feel like I might need them sometime :joy:

How is one to know they’ll never suddenly feel the need to shuffle to Steps - 5,6,7,8 or vibes to The Ketchup song? Every song ever made by Jay-Z? It’s all there :joy:

Over-Ear Headphones - I find in in-ear uncomfortable and blaring music over speakers can be consider air pollution to some.

1 Like

Thieves are scummy, I think all electronics should have a wireless killswitch (Like the Find My Phone function) that completely disables the device and renders it useless, it might at least deter thieves from stealing electronics.

Correct, Or you have some remote functions, working via WiFi - so you an reach your part everywhere. And then you switch off - or tune to maximum volume…

Does anybody know what this is ?

2 Likes

Nice turntable

1 Like

Congratulations, elmo41683, you presented the first correct answer. I was wondering if any one of the younger ones know about this “old” technique.

2 Likes

Dunno how old you are, I’m 35 and use to have a set of these when I was younger. But left them behind in an old apartment when moved. Didn’t have the space nor means to care at the time so I left then.

Not exactly an old technique anymore…vinyl sales have been increasing for the past few years…it’s now become cool or perhaps I should say retro to buy vinyl (or raid the parents attic) than a download for some…

…personally I like all formats…each adds its own personal sound to music styles…Jazz on vinyl for example :sunglasses:

2 Likes

And now ? Do you regret - or re - buy a used one ?

I have an all in one record player with built in amp and speaker… It’s ok and does the job for what little it gets used. If I was smart I would have kept the old one and sold it for a decent price when I was in high school, so many kids were break dancing and mixing that could have got good money for my setup… Live and learn

2 Likes

We had one of these when I was 6/7…I broke the crank arm from repeatedly playing my Bartman vinyl :joy:

This looks quite modern compared to the one we had, though, much more durable. I remember dancing around the room and if I stomped too hard the record would skip…

After that, my favourite device was the Walkman CD player (I had a cassette one which just used to chew up the tapes), You had to hold it like a pizza when walking to stop it skipping and sometimes scratching the CD, and you had no chance of listening on the bus.

It’s crazy how much and how quickly technology advanced from there, now we can have thousands (perhaps millions) of songs on one tiny chip which can be played on any number of portable devices and shared from one side of the globe to the other in a matter of seconds!

Yes, that is true. and please remember:

Did you ever look at the record turning on the player ? I am sure you did. This combination of view and hear is gone - and comes back with the vinyl.

And on the jukebox: do you remember the sound of the coins, when you dropped them in ?
Then to press the select buttons.
And then the machine looking for the record, grabbing it and putting it on the turntable …
For me this time period was very important - and then of course the music started …

1 Like