Favourite way to listen?

Music is great. Tell a lie, Music is life.
There’s no better way to Wake up, Wind down, Breathe life into a party or calm it down at the end than by banging out your favourite tunes on a decent audio device. My question is this:

If you had to choose one gadget to listen to music on, what would it be?

In-Ear Headphones
Over-Ear Headphones
Portable/Bluetooth speaker
Mains Powered Speaker/Sound System
Car Speaker System
Other (Please specify)

Why would you choose this?

Personally I like blaring music out on a portable bluetooth, but i’m a sucker for Over-Ear headphones, because of portability and the option of privacy or wearing around the neck and still having your wits about you, It just seems like a no-brainer to me.

Let me know your views and what you think of mine, and any suggestions for devices I could add in are welcome :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would choose in ear headphones as when your walking in a rough area and you have a over ear head phone then your most likely going to get robbed. But if you have it In Your ear then it’s most likely camouflaged. Well that’s my opinion anyway.

3 Likes

All the best music was written before the 20th century so you just hear a few dozen times and that music is your head with then no need for technology.

I mean, what of any talent happened after, say, Brahms?

Modern music It’s just noise…

20th century was for video. I use my buds for watching stuff.

My preference is the Soundcore Life, lasts hours and stays inside the ear comfortably.

1 Like

This is my preferred way of listening. Stuffed with Motown, Beatles and so on.

6 Likes

Simply depends were you are and what sources are you using.

1 Like

Brahms was not the last genius composer. :wink:
But you know of course Nigel, tastes are different.
And that’s good. :grin:

And for sure I will not start a discussions about genius’.

2 Likes

I agree - except the music which is in my jukebox …

1 Like

Mine are in-ear headphones and Bluetooth speakers :+1:

1 Like

I like over-the-ear for public because you can add ANC, which calms me down a lot, but I get really tired of wearing them really quickly. I’m basically done with OTE in about an hour.

My favorite personal listening device is the soundbuds curve.

My favorite way to listen altogether is the soundcore boost BT speaker. I feel confident taking it anywhere and the sound quality is great, I can also fit it in pretty much anything I carry.

But, overall, my favorite way to listen is to hear live musicians playing their own music. Nothing beats a musician lost in the craft of making their music on their actual instrument. Cello is my favorite, especially if you throw in a fiddle and/or banjo. I’m also a sucker for the dobro and double bass.

2 Likes

Portable Bluetooth speaker all the way. I like it to be loud with amazing quality. I like that everyone can listen to it all the time. However, if I had to choose one that was the only one I could ever use again, I would have to choose in ear headphones. The reason is because I do outdoor landscaping and like to use them to listen to audiobooks and music. But I prefer using a Bluetooth speaker.

1 Like

I’m deaf in my right ear, so earbuds are my go to since I can crank it up and no one can hear it… I make sure I get a good seal otherwise you can hear it standing next to me. But if I’m not using my earbuds then it’s over the ear headohones, like I said I’m deaf so closed back headohones it is for me so I can crank up the tunes.

1 Like

In-Ear earbuds, wireless. I can take them anywhere.

1 Like

I love music as well! It’s tough choosing just one method as I’m torn between a Bluetooth speaker and headphones, but my vote goes to a Bluetooth speaker like the SoundCore Flare if I had to choose just one device.

1 Like

Not seen one of those in a while…does it play vinyl or is it a show variation with a CD / Digital back end source?

That’s a good point! Especially if you have expensive branded headphones they can make you a target. Earbuds are ideal when you want to keep an ear out, that’s why they’re a favourite for when i’m cycling.

To be honest I like a wide variety of music, If I put my playlist on shuffle it jumps from Mostack to Luciano Pavarotti to Slipknot to The Beatles to Eminem to Damien Marley to Avenged Sevenfold to Frank Sinatra to Jimi Hendrix to Stormzy, and the list goes on.

Personally I think every artist deserves credit for their work. Some aren’t for me (Mumble rappers, One Direction, Yodelling) but that’s not to say they’re trash, because somebody out there likes them and probably a combination of the 3 shudders.

but hey…BE EXCELLENT

1 Like

That, my friend, is an impressive piece of kit. Off-topic but I always wanted to build a bar either in the garden or in the basement if I had one…If I did i’d have to invest in one of these and style the bar around it. I wouldn’t disrespect it by adding modern music to it though, I’d have a separate unit tucked away for all that.

Thanks for sharing this!

I agree, music needs to be loud and bassy for me to enjoy it but i’d take headphones if I had to choose…Over ear and wireless though, In ear are great to an extent but they can be uncomfortable when listening for long periods of time.

It’s definitely a hard choice! Hardly life and death but close enough :joy:
Loud and proud is the way forward…I’ve been asked before if I feel awkward playing music out loud or worry that i’m disturbing people. Sharing is caring was my response, they’re more than welcome to ask me to turn it down and i’ll kindly oblige but otherwise they might appreciate it!

1 Like

My right ear is muffled and if I stick my finger in my left ear it sounds like i’m under water, so I know where you’re coming from! I think mine was caused by skullcandys in school, listening to death metal with one earphone in in class :joy:

Over ear are ideal for watching movies as I tend to have the bass on high and at night that’s no good for anyone else. Even with surround sound i’m stuck between not being able to hear the dialogue and flying out of my seat when there’s an explosion :joy: