Favorite Phone App?

My grandpa had one that he claimed was advance up until a month ago, it was an early 90s HP that had only 256mb of ram! He was amazed the my MacBook Pro could run so fast since his hp took an hour to boot up, I found him a new hp with an i7 16gb of ram and a 1tb Harddrive for $300 with tax which cost less than the old one.

I suggest you have you dimensions wrong.

My early 90s PC had 4MB of RAM and 116MB of disk. I recall hunting down and paying a lot of money to upgrade to 8MB of RAM. I did manage to get by with 116MB of disk, I did a dual-boot Windows 3.1 with Slackware with a shared swap partition to make it all fit in 116MB.

Also around that same time, I recall my PDA, I paid extra for a 64KB “SD” card which is about the same physical size as today’s 1TB SSD.

So a 90s PC with 256MB of RAM seems wrong.

2 Likes

I was getting fed up with Outlook today so had a scoot around the App Store and came across Edison

Installed and set up all my email accounts quickly and easily. Altered the swipe gestures, turned on Touch ID and it works wonderfully. So much quicker than Outlook.

You can mute notification for individual emails addresses, unsubscribe from them plus all the other normal stuff like delete, archive or move messages.

It also has an Assistant where you can see all your subscriptions, Packages due, travel info and more.

Really good app :grinning:

2 Likes

Nice app! Thanks for sharing!:grin:

1 Like