EufySecurity on Android: huge battery drain

Hi!
Since I installed it yesterday, the Eufy Security app has been the single biggest battery drainer on my Android phone.
Here’s a couple of screenshots.
Is Eufy aware of the issue? Is anything being done about it?

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for informing us! We have forwarded this to our engineers so that we can refine the app.

The screenshots are extremely helpful. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi! Any updates on the battery drain? Thank you!

Same issue here, also noticed some overheat in my phone since installed :frowning:
The keep alive service seems to be the main reason

For all those having battery life issues:

What app version are you on? One of the older versions of the app may drain battery life fast, but the most recent version has been improved quite a bit.

Indeed, last version with the modes screen redesign seems to have fixed this.

This was seen yesterday with v1.1.3_91(EU):

Battery draining CRAZY fast since installing eufySecurity app v1.7.4_581(US). Totally unacceptable.

Android 10.

PLEASE HELP! If not fixed before the return windows closes on my 2C kit, I will be forced to request a refund. My phone used to last 2 days between charges, now less than 1 day!

Thanks.

Hey,

It’s now Feb 2021 and the issue still remains. New user here. Took me a day to notice the flaw. Can’t live with it. It’s a major problem. I send mine back and go back to Wyze. Their app has zero issues

Too bad you had a negative experience

Just purchased and I’m finding the same. Concerned that this issue goes back over 3 years and is still a problem. Surprised I didn’t see this issue in the reviews.