EufyCams trigger too slow - any tips?

Hi there,

I have replaced my wired CCTV with EufyCams and must say i’m impressed how easy they are to use. My only issue is that both my front driveway cameras trigger too slow and sometimes completely miss someone who’s coming onto my property!

My old Wired CCTV cameras used to record indefinitely to my NAS and i’d set it up to get to a storage limit and then over-record. This mean’t I had around a months worth of 24/7 recordings, which was a bit of a waste of storage. So decided to change to Eufycams and motion detection. I’ve still got to experiment with the motion side and get the sensitivity correct, however I still get frustrated when the cameras trigger but miss things.

Has anyone got any good tips how to set up the triggering side? I know you can set the cameras up with a custom set-up and change the triggering rate, however I have also heard this does impact the battery life.

Any other options/tips please

I set detection zones, and then adjust the sensitivity. Make sure the area you want the best detection is at somewhat of a right angle to the detection field. Took about 20 tries with one room until it worked for me.

1 Like

Well, first of all, make sure you follow these mounting guide for ideal detection suitable for your requirement.

Once you figure it out and installed the camera, Go to the app->select camera->camera settings-> motion detection

adjust your sensor settings and test it out few times your self to see if the activity in your required detection zone is triggering the sensor or not.

Click on How to Test which gives some valuable ideas for adjusting the sensor settings…

There is no other way and a hard rule for these settings as it depends on individual requirements and they need to be adjusted frequently to reduce false alarrms (example lower the number on a windy day…)

Hope this helps…

1 Like

Hello! @Matt113 Sincerely apologize for all inconvenience caused by the delay of triggering. At the current stage, the sensor in the camera still needs a few seconds (about 3-5 seconds) to be triggered for video recording after detecting motion. As to the maximal distance for detection of an object, depending on the height and angle, the sensor of camera can detect objects with temperature moving as far as 25-30ft (8-10m) away in a general way.

-Could you please try turning up the detection sensitivity level via the following steps: Slide the left menu> Go to My Devices> Associated cameras>Motion Detection>Set detection sensitivity level.

-In addition, there are three Camera Working Modes, including Optimal Battery Life, Optimal Surveillance, and Customized Recording. You can try enabling Optimal Surveillance or Customized Recording and then disable ‘End clip early if motion stops’ and turn down the Retrigger Interval to zero in Customize Recording setting (Steps: Slide the left menu>Go to My Devices>Associated camera>Camera Working Mode>Customize Recording> ‘End clip early if motion stops’ and Retrigger Interval).

We’ll try our best to forward your concern to our engineer team for an expectation of further improvement of the camera triggering mechanism by following firmware upgrade in the future. Sincerely thank you for your patience and valuable time!

I’m hoping a future firmware update will allow the cameras to ‘pre-roll’ before the notification, as the Arlo’s which I sold to replace with Eufys did this (very helpful when we had an attempted aggravated burglary a few months ago)