eufyCam Software Update and New Timeline

Wonder if it’ll have ai or whether we’ll loose that feature on some cameras

@Ice1 @yamyam hi, guys, 1.1.1.3 is the online hardware version, and when new user binding their device will be upgraded to this version by default;
1.1.1.5 is a new version that has been tested recently. It started to open to PU user’s grayscale experience last week. And it will be open to all users soon, please stay tuned!:wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for clarification!

UPDATE: My HB just arrived some hours ago and it’s looking like the regular Homebase. I guess “LITE” means just something like “bulk packaging”. If you know what i mean.

I still have no shipping info…

I guess “Lite” meaning stripped down hardware to keep essentials and just to act like a repeater of the original homebase.

what you guys see? may be you need a scale to see how “Lite” it is :rofl:

Think the Lite refers to it being the Homebase only, not a package version with cameras…

Mines due tomorrow, so will find out then :slightly_smiling_face:

Well that’s disappointing, I dislike Hermes at the best of times

1 Like

I usual say “Herpes”
Here in Germany its the worst shipping company.

In the UK it’s on par with Yodel, both awful

1 Like

They are yodeling? “Holleri Hollero”?

1 Like

As said … just means “bulk version”, not “retail”.
You americans don’t know bulk/reatil?

Bulk means unbranded package, no extras, just the hardware.

But it seems to be thew regular and same Homebase i already have, no “light” or “lite” version.

Wouldn’t know, not American :wink: In the UK bulk would be more, Lite is less :grin:…retail is retail :laughing:

Arrived a day early never the less…

I know what yamyam is on about, it’s normally OEM stuff not meant for retail as it’s normally included as part of another device, striped of fancy packaging, manuals, accessories etc just the core items for it to function

PS
Is it worth moving from post 91 minus post 104 to the range extender thread? We seem to of moved the conversation to the software update thread

1 Like

Wow! I am in the US and haven’t received any emails from AnkerDirect! Hopefully soon! Please let us know how this works out for you.

Anyone else had issues with WIFI passwords containing special characters for Eufy devices (outside of spaces)? Tried setting up the additional Homebase on WIFI tonight, my normal WIFI password which is a alphanumeric with x2 special characters was a no go…test network with alphanumerical passwords sans symbols works…not the most secure if that is the case :thinking:

As i know that some devices have problems like this, my WLAN password is 50 chars long with only A-Z a-z 0-9 … sad but true … not the securest, but had also problem with any device some years ago. so i changed to this.

Ja, some special characters eg Umlaut may cause problems.
You will never find those with the original delivered password.

So I was considering to buy a bundle of 2 x EufyCam 2 with the new HomeBase 2 station and one additional Cam 2. But I think I have to postpone this purchase… a lot.
We in Europe obviously still don’t deserve the new model. Right? Why it’s available only on the US Amazon?
Plus I see lots of issues here still waiting for some fix.
And why this new base station doesn’t have any external memory option? Only the internal 16GB and the promise for the unknown future that the USB port will work… some day.

@Dimitar_Lilov - Now available on Amazon UK and additional cameras are priced at £99 and not £149

eufy Security eufyCam 2 Wireless Home Security Camera System,365-Day Battery Life, HD 1080p, IP67 Weatherproof, Night Vision, Compatible with Amazon Alexa, 2-Cam Kit,No Monthly Fee https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081F32ZT1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_wpH.DbK7H83KW

@AnkerOfficial - Is there a way to see the release note of each Firmware/Software update ? This month I think my homebase 2 was upgraded 3 times at least. I know you struggle a lot with the HomeKit but if you could share some info about the upgrade that will be much appreciated.
Thanks