EufyCam 2C Pro - Help Please

Hi all,

I recently purchased 3 EufyCam 2C pro’s. I’ve been testing the one I put in my shed and I have to say I need help with the settings! As of now i would say I’m not pleased. The camera seems to have a strong connection to the Homebase2 but when I go out to test the alarm and video it triggers as I open the door and step in. I usually stand there a couple seconds and keep walking in and around the shed. Sometimes even pausing in front of the camera and staring at it. The alarm does trigger and go off but only goes off for several seconds. When I go back in the house to view the video clip it’s usually me coming in and then it’s like I disappear and it catches me going out. Why is the video so spotty/choppy? I’m not even worried about clarity at this point I just want it to video me the entire time I’m in the shed. Please help! I’d say I’m in the shed 15-20 seconds if not more and it gets me maybe 5 seconds at best.

Hi @bishopreid83 what settings do you have set for the camera regarding motion detection / power management? It sounds like you are set to optimal battery life which records clips up to 20 seconds and adjusts the detection time to avoid having the same incidents being detected…such as clothes swaying on this clothes line etc.

Try changing to optimal or custom to see if this improves.

Hi there,

Thanks for the response. I had it set to optimal the whole time. I moved the quality to 1080p and medium and that seemed to help some. It’s almost like the camera catches the door opening and maybe it’s too fast or something and it skips out. Like my wife went in the shed today and I saw her open the door then it jumped and she was standing over by the garbage can. Didn’t show her walk over there.

Give it a reset and make sure you have the latest firmware. If that doesn’t work then contact support

I recently noticed my front eufy cam not catching me as I take the trash out at night and think that it may be a similar issue. My front porch light is off. I will turn the light on, I go outside right as the light come on…

I think the sudden change in brightness may be preventing the triggering of the camera starting.

So instead of opening the door and it hitting bright lights, leave it open and see if it catches you after the door hS been open for several seconds before going in. It may need the setting tweaked. I would guess it probably works at night though if I am correct