Eufycam 2c battery drain too fast

One out of my 4 eufycam 2c cameras have high battery drain. The battery first drained within about 20 days and has been recharged and already is back down to only 2 bars of battery left. The camera only gets about 1-2 recordings per day and all the other 3 cameras still have 3-4 bars of battery left and have no been recharged yet.

I have had the kit for about 50 days so any ideas why the camera is only lasting about 25 days on battery instead of 180?

I have tried removing the camera and resycing it but no improvement. Is there anyway to see whats draining the battery?

2 Likes

If the other cameras in your 4 camera setup are recording with the same settings, have the same general daily recording activity yet have no issues I would lean towards the battery for the affected camera having a possible defect.

Might be worth reaching out to support@eufylife.com with your issue, settings currently in place for the camera with battery drain vs the non-effected and any troubleshooting steps you may have already taken.

1 Like

Since the new firmware I have the same issue Battery drain very fast after a full charge a few days I have to recharge it - very strange any information about that ?

1 Like

They gave me the usual rubbish about turning down the sensitivity or because the temperature is too hot/cold and ignored the fact it was 1 camera out of 4. I’ll be returning the whole kit and go back to arlo.

1 Like

That sounds really sad :sleepy:- so now my camera is empty and stopped automatically regarding low battery now I will charge it and test it again to reproduce it - I will post a update here…

1 Like

Yeah keep me updated

1 Like

So after 10h charging i put it back to my position at 10am at the morning and now 15h later i receive a notification from this camera battery low please @AnkerSupport bring back the battery lifetime that really really sad :sleepy:

Sorry to hear about the issue and hope Anker can resolve the issue. I do have a question.

Are the cameras assigned like is the camera that is drained like if it was camera one? If that is the case, I wonder if you can switch the setup and make camera 2 as camera 1. And 1 to 2 and see if the new camera 1 will drain quicker. If that is the case then it may be a firmware issue causing a camera to just drain (ie it is on all the time). Just a thought.

I could figure out that my HomeKit Integration was the reason - I disable the the HomeKit Funktion and everything works fine and the battery drain not anymore

1 Like

Glad yours is fixed, Mine is still draining the battery, its already on its 3 charge and my other 3 cameras are on their first charge. Will be returning the whole system and drag out my arlo system again that i put away after buying this.

1 Like

Plus1 on the 2C battery drain here - charged four days ago and status display showing two yellow bars :frowning:

Noticed there was a 2C camera update on the 19th - I wonder if this will address the issue.

Will monitor until depletion and see where I go from there.

I enabled the HomeKit integration on of my 3 Eufcam 2C cameras and did not like the integration. I disabled the HomeKit integration.

This may be entirely a co-incidence, but since that time this one camera is constantly in a high discharge mode like it is on all the time. A charge lasts about 8 hours and then the camera is dead. I reset the camera itself but the issue still remains. I cannot figure out what “mode” this particular camera is in. From the EuffyCam application it appears normal.

The behavour suggests that HomeKit may still be holding this camera “open” in live mode.

2 Likes