eufy video doorbell transformer specs for solo installation

I have been consulted to install a transformer for a Eufy dual cam wireless 2K system here in Australia to convert it from wireless to wired/battery. According to the Eufy PDF doc I need a 9-24VAC transformer, at least 9VA, nothing like 30VA. I connected a 24VAC , 1A transformer and the phone app shows the Eufy charging. Problem is the 50Hz hum from the transformer that my son can hear from a couple of metres away. I need a quieter transformer, perhaps a toroidal one. BTW, Australia’s electricity is 240VAC, 50Hz.
Meanwhile, I connected a 12VDC, 1A switch mode plug pack (so between 9-24V and more than 9VA) and the Eufy is charging OK. In this forum a couple of posts have suggested using laptop power supplies to get their inherent regulation, without mentioning that their output is DC.
My question is, if the Eufy runs OK on unregulated AC, is there any reason not to use, say, a regulated 20VDC supply instead?
Such a supply would be electronic, not a transformer. Of course, if there is a transformer in the Eufy itself this would not work, but it does appear to work fine.
IanB