The Eufy mobile app is, from a user perspective, clunky and unsophisticated.
(1) It does not make use of the phones’ GPS to automate the Home/Away function. Thereby releasing the user from “manually” having to select either state. Also, more than one phone number should be registered for GPS thereby allowing the system know when all numbers are “away” turning all system function/features on— if one of the registered numbers is not away, then the system remains in the “home” state until that number leaves.
(2) The home/away states are clunky. Each state should enable/disable key function/features of the system depending upon the active state (e.g., if home, user selected camera(s) turn off, motion detection turns off, etc. and if away, those camera functions turned off will automatically turn on for full operation–but still can be manually disabled.
(3) The app does not function well with iPad-- app remains in iPhone mode in portrait orientation. The app needs to be iPad friendly and allow for landscape orientation of display for both iPad and iPhone.
(4) The camera lens covering is subject to water spotting after rain or snow causing image to be unclear or obstructed by dried waters spots and dust. The lens covering should be treated with a hydrophobic or olleophobic protectant that enable the outdoor camera to repel rain, snow and smudges.
(5) The TIMESTAMP that displays on each camera’s video is WRONG, and is not recognizing the local time of the router. There is NO way to force or manually update the timestamp to the correct local time—so all my archived videos display a wrong DATE/TIME. Please, please fix this.
(6) There is NO way to delete the sensor Open/Close log entries on the mobile app. Although these entries are, in terms of memory, quite small-- I have no need to create a sensor log file that is hundreds and hundreds of sensor status notices deep as an archive. These files should be able to be deleted both manually and automatically through scheduled triggers.