Eufy Security App Preview

We now have our first glimpse of the upcoming Eufy Security app… Take a look!

Eufy Security app combined smart gateway, cameras and door sensors, provided live video and motion detection recording service to instant know your home’s security.

Expect the app to be available to download via iTunes and Google Play by the end of this month.

Be sure to let us know your thoughts on the latest Eufy Security news!

9 Likes

Will this be cloud based subscription? Why do they make security cameras white? I would prefer black for stealthy-ness.

3 Likes

Hate to say it but that looks just like my Netgear Arlo camera…
But functionality is different and I hope it works great

1 Like

"Designed to protect your home as well as your wallet, eufyCam is a one-time purchase that combines security with convenience. Paying for cloud storage should be an option, not a voluntary-but-mandatory cost to claim your security footage.

Because eufyCam records video to local storage, you’ll have easy access to your footage from your smartphone. For Free. Just insert the included microSD card* and you’re all set. Alternatively, by subscribing to our cloud storage plan, you can expand your security options to include simultaneous recording to the cloud.

*Included 16GB microSD card, which you can expand anytime you want, records approximately 1 year of video on one camera, with 10 videos per day, 30 seconds each.

*Cloud Storage optional for $2.99/month per camera."

I agree!

Are you referring to the app or eufyCam S?

The Eufy camera

2 Likes

nice! thanks for sharing.

I’ve been drooling over this system. From what I can tell is you won’t need high speed data connection unless you want to view camera feeds offsite.

1 Like

Will this EufyCam S model have Cloud Storage for the recordings, may be for 10 to 15 days, this would greatly useful.

1 Like

it does look like arlo.

Nice! thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I think Anker and Eufy are missing some terrific opportunities by not including support for IFTTT & Z-Wave with there products. Over 80% of security products out there support Z-Wave which is one of the most popular platform for Smarthomes

1 Like

So the smaller Eufy cam is real after all! Any news on the specs?

1 Like

These look like they will be some great cameras! I am moving soon so I’ll need to get some more security cameras. I would like to see a black color option however.

1 Like

Not yet that I’ve been able to track down, but I’ll be sure to keep you all updated as soon as I learn anything new!

Never heard of Z-Wave, but definitely IFTTT.

I assume eufyCam S will offer cloud storage like eufyCam.

Update: It looks like eufyCam S will deliver the same 365 day battery life as eufyCam and may be lighter than eufyCam.

1 Like

I downloaded the Android app and as I was setting up the system & I get the following

“the Homebase needs to be upgraded”

It’s been updating for the last hour.
How long does this take to update?
What should I do?

I don’t want to cancel the update and cause errors/brick it.

1 Like

:wink::joy:

2 Likes