Eufy noisey

You find excellent videos showing you how to disassemble such a roboVac.
Give it a try.

1 Like

Outstanding solution! Thanks alot! The noise was driving us nuts to the point of scrapping it. I tried all the other solutions but this was the answer. Duct tape strikes again! :O)

3 Likes

Mine has the same noise. Sent them a video to show them as they requested. Not impressed. this clearly is a design issue and we should not have to buy a new brush, or stick duct tape over the end. I am in the UK and I found their service not great. Had to chase them. I have decided to scrap mine. Waste of money.

1 Like

You will really give the Robo to the garbage?
There might be many in UK would would like to use it for spare parts.
Too bad I am in DE, the sending cost are too high! :wink:

Hi can anyone please show me with pictures how you used tape to fix the problem or any other solutions as the noise is doing my head in

1 Like

Also had the same noise problem described, essentially a loud rattling noise emanating from the brush area. On carpet: no noise. Brush removed: no noise. Brush is clean.
Ended up wrapping one layer of masking tape around the square alignment ‘pin’ on the one end of the brush. Reinstalling the brush gave a more positive, solid feel, and no noise. I suspect the masking tape won’t last long, but as a way to isolate the problem I can now look for a more permanent solution. I like the hot glue idea that someone posted. Will try that when the tape fails.

5 Likes

Made an account just to thank you. I was going crazy trying to figure this out. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Would you mind showing some pictures of which panels you’re talking about removing? It seems like a very good diagnostic fix.

Our 2+ year old 11s still functions great (amazing runtime, I wish iPhone batteries lasted so long!) but had developed a horrible rattle.
So glad I found this discussion because it was the central rotating brush. Not sure if it being an off-brand replacement (our third one in two years) was the cause but after reading these comments the diagnosis and fix were simple and cheap. I just looped a rubber band tight around the square side of the rotating brush and fit it into the socket and our strong and silent friend is back!
Thanks to everyone who figured this out and shared their fixes!

2 Likes

My mind is blown. I took the brush out and no more clicking, put some tape on (round part), put the brush back and no more clicking. THANK YOU

This is just crazy, I’ve lived with that clicking for 3 months. I’ve done deep cleans and taken sober of the casing off and cleaned. My next step was to really take it apart.

2 Likes

August, 2020 - We own Eufy 15C Max. Had same issue. Called Eufy support. They suggested to remove the long roller (that we clean everyday) and run Eufy without it. If the sound is gone, just replace the brush. (It was gone for us - a new roller FIXED it). Support guy said we typically need to replace the Roller Brush every 6 months. (By the way, if that did not fix it, then he said there is something stuck in the internal motor - I have no idea what fixing that would involve.) Anyway, if you already tried what fixed it for us, then call Eufy support (800 number on back of device) - they were very helpful.

2 Likes

Great update @mloubasham
Glad your issues have been rectified :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thank you a lot!!! It works!!
Muchas gracias!!!
:peru:

De nada! :smiley:

For my Eufy 11S it was clogged up roller bearing. I took the cap off with pliers and cleaned out an insane amount of hair wrapped up in there (2 dog household). I did pry the bearing out from the roller just a bit.

2 Likes

2 Likes

ja this wheel really should spin freely!

Easy fix for this. Throw it away and buy another brand. I called Eufy for the extremely loud rattle and they offered me a discount on a new vacuum. No Thanks. I’m not going to buy a new vacuum every other year when it fails. It was out of warranty. The plastic piece that holds the roller seems to be the issue. Eufy told me that the engineers would not fix the problem because everyone would want a new vacuum. I started shopping for a Roomba. They’re a lot more expensive but the money saved on constantly buying new vacuums will help. My Eufy doorbell works well so far but it will be hard to recommend any of their products going forward.

My “old Willy” 11S is now doing his heavy job since more than 2 years.
But I do care about him -> cleaning properly!
Enough said!

After cleaning everything else and rattling noise continued, this was the ultimate fix for me. No need for duct tape. Thanks for posting with a picture. Have 2 cats and yes, it was amazing how much hair was under this cap which kept the roller from turning smoothly on bare floor. Now operation is quiet again.

1 Like