Eufy Lumos Smart Bulb (White & Color vs Tunable White)

I’ve had the Eufy Tunable White Lumos Smart Bulb for almost a year now and got bored very quickly on what I could do with that bulb.

I finally got a chance to start using the eufy White & Color Lumos Smart Bulb. I had a bit of trouble adding it to the EufyHome app. I had to reset the bulb multiple times. Once I moved out to an apartment, I reset both bulbs and still had trouble adding it to my network. I’m using a Pixel 2 XL and I noticed that once it connected to the bulb’s “wireless network,” it would not register on the app. I had to disconnect and reconnect to the bulb’s “wireless network,” and finally a popup would come up asking if I wanted to stay connected even though there was no internet connection. I would have to click yes for the app to recognize the bulb and it would prompt for the password to my WiFi network. This took a lot longer than I would have liked, but I’m glad they finally worked.

I love how more customizability you have with the color bulb. In addition to the different color profiles, there’s already preset effects to different moods you may feel.

My current set up is a two bulb standing lamp. The white bulb is on the lower adjustable gooseneck for the reading light. It faces behind the TV. The color bulb on the main upper light. I will probably swap the two bulbs so we have more customizability during movie nights.

One of my gripes with the white bulb was that you couldn’t set a default brightness and color shade when turning off and on via a traditional light switch.

I had that problem at my old house since it was my main source of light in my bedroom but after moving into an apartment with a Google Home mini in the same room, I don’t have that need anymore. But as I was playing around with the EufyHome app, I did notice a mode within each bulb. It was called “Default Light State.” I’m not sure when this was added, but it is a welcomed inclusion to the app.

I will add pictures of the two bulbs when I get home from work!

3 Likes

That was an awesome review to read! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. :grin:

1 Like

Nice review

1 Like

`
Excellent review!

1 Like

Good review thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your review.

We all love pics around here :yum: