Eufy Floodlight Cam Printed MAC address

just received via best buy a new eufy floodlight cam. spent 4hrs trying to get this device connected to my network. i use a mac whitelist on my vlan for my security devices (and i have other vlans for my iot stuff and server/network related stuff). apparently the printed mac address on the device was not even close to what the mac address that shows up on the network client list (i run a ubiquiti system setup). that was a first time i have ever encountered a printed mac address for a device to be wrong in the 10+ years that i have been using a mac whitelist.

just thought someone might look into this since i have never seen this happen ever.

1 Like

I have 2 homebases & both of them the Mac address is different to what’s printed on the bottom
I put it down to the fact that it was originally Lan only with WiFi camera connection but was updated to allow WiFi network connection so effectively 3 network devices built in but only 1 Mac address printed on the device

Thank you for reaching out.

If the connection issue still perists, please feel free to contact us support@eufylife.com.

Apologized again for any inconvenience caused. Any other concerns we can address in the future, please feel free to contact us.

Looking forward to your reply.